Chapter 25

Walking into what seemed like an exit, only led to a ballroom with a man in the middle. As I made the move to kill him, he turned towards me. He looked weirdly familiar.

"Roger, have a seat." He said gesturing towards the chair in front of him. I took the safety off the gun, the adrenaline running through me. My chest rose and fell as I watched his movements.

"I wouldn't do that." The man calmly said, sitting down on the chair. "I can have everyone you love killed."

I kept my eyes on him, not knowing what to think. He seemed calm for someone facing a person who just killed over what felt like a hundred people.

"Sit." The man said. I slowly walked towards him, taking a seat, but keeping my gun pointed at him. The man eyed me with an emotionless expression. His demeanor was so similar to Jacob.

I miss Jacob. I want him to hold me again. And touch me and talk to me. I want him.

"I've heard a lot about you." He said leaning back against his seat, crossing his legs. "To be honest, I just wanted to see what you're capable of."

I pointed the gun to his head, done with his bullshit. So this was all just a test? To see what I was made of? To unleash me, the inner monster inside of me?

Bullshit.

"You're not gonna kill me." The man said, leaning his head against the gun. His hand grabbed the tip of the gun as his brown eyes met mine. His blonde curly hair fell onto his face as his lips curled into a smirk. "If you do, your family will die."

"You're lying." I simply stated. He laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

Elvis has them safe.

"Try me." He dared. I looked at him, threatening to pull the trigger. "It's not as if I don't have people stationed outside your house. They like to watch that homeless kid and the rich kid fuck. Your sister gets really buddy up with that gangbanger. It's a very interesting dynamic, right? A rich wealthy kid who had everyone he ever could ask for and a homeless kid."

I stepped away from him and let him take the gun. The man swung the gun at my head, I let him hit me to the floor. He sat back down at the seat and pushed his hair out of his face. "Sit."

Quickly, I sat down and looked at him. He nodded his head and played with the gun before looking back up at me.

"What do you want?" I asked trying to remain calm. Jacob promised he'd come and get me.

"I need you to kill Jacob." The man simply stated, as if it was that easy. "Or else your family dies."

He wouldn't dare. He's bluffing. But he already stated that he's got eyes on my family.

"How?" I asked shrugging. "It's not like I have unlimited access to the boss."

"Cut the shit." The man said shaking his head. "I know you're sleeping with him."

"Who are you?"

"Unimportant." He said with a cool deep voice, he sounded so detached.

"Bullshit. How do I know you're the real shit if I don't know who you are?" I challenged watching as the man laughed, shaking his head. He pulled out the gun and shot at the space next to my head, the bullet grazing my cheek.

Keeping my composure, I watched as he smiled, a crazy expression. He was so much like Jacob.

"Let's just say, Jacob is a man of many mysteries. Many skeletons. I'm one of those skeletons." He said and bent down and whispered in my ear. "Who do you think taught him everything he knows?"