Chapter 5

I looked over at my phone, yearning to call Giovanni, but he's at his community college classes. Looking around the bar, it was filled with the usual drunks.

They cleaned it up nice.

"Hey, you want a beer?" Matthew asked watching as a few of the gang members walked in.

"Roger!" Gilbert exclaimed with Ryan following shortly after. I turned towards them and felt a bit relieved they weren't the people from Evanston or the Dragons. Which is such a lousy name in my opinion. Compared to my gangs name, the Tigres.

"What's up man?" I asked dabbing him up. Looking over at the clock, I had about 45 minutes before I had to head in for work.

With my uniform on, I'm practically ready to go. It was just a pair of jeans, a jean button up that's rolled up with my name on it and a white tank top underneath.

"Nothin much, you work today?" Gilbert asked looking at my uniform

"Nothin much, you work today?" Gilbert asked looking at my uniform. With a sigh, I nodded my head and looked over at Ryan.

"Cecilia is missing you at the house." I said with a smirk. Ryan rolled his eyes and gestured for Matthew to hand him a beer.

"I already told you, nothing is goin' on between us. I'm 19, she's 16, we can't." Ryan said running a hand through his red hair. "Why would you want her with a gangbanger like me?"

"To protect her and I trust you." I simply stated. Ryan nodded his hair and leaned against the bar, searching the crowd.

"I don't know man." He said shaking his head. Gilbert wrapped his arm around Ryan's shoulders and cheekily smiled.

"This fool is too stupid to know his own feelings." Gilbert said causing all of us to laugh. It wasn't soon before I had to head to work.

"What's up Kennings?" My boss asked handing me a rag. "You have a few special requests."

"Why me?" I asked confused, it's not like I'm the best at this job, I'm just good enough to keep the house up and support my family.

Cecilia and Acendro.

After my parents left, I took the master bedroom and threw out all of their stuff. Then Acendro took mine since it was practically empty to begin with. The couch was getting too small for him, especially when we'd have parties. It didn't end well for Acendro when there was nowhere to sleep.

Besides, it's his senior year and he's already been accepted to some pretty good schools like fucking Dartmouth. Cecilia is a junior now, so I have about two more years of supporting her before she goes off to college. I already told her that she's gonna have to go, I don't want her to end up like me.