Part 20

Emie's POV 

After a nice evening catching up with Alex and Aaron I come back to an empty hotel room. I'm not surprised Cappie said he was going out with the guys. I didn't really expect him to be back before me. I guess a little part of me just hoped he would be.

I'm woken in the middle of the night, by the sound of the door slamming followed by things being knocked off of surfaces.

"Cap is that you?" I mumble sleepily as I turn the light on.

I see him, he looks a mess, his hair is plastered to his face, I can smell whiskey on him from across the room and his eyes are like saucers.

"My marijuana angel came to roll for me" he slurs falling onto the sofa, patting the cushion next to him. Against my better judgement I do as he asks.

"What did you take?" I ask. All I get are giggles in response.

"Shhh don't tell Emie she'll hate me, then she'll leave me" he murmurs wriggling so his head was in my lap.

"What are we not telling Emie?" I ask

"That she's too good for me and Brodie is going to steal her" he whines into my lap.

"I don't think he will," I tried to assure him.

"She's so pretty and perfect she'll realise she's too good for me" he carries on his self-deprecating whinging.

"Hey come on you're pretty too" I giggle at him.

"You're very pretty too but I have a girlfriend and I love her" he grumble sleepily

"You're kind of an adorable mess." I whisper down to him, stroking his messy hair out of his face.

After he had fallen asleep I placed a pillow under his head and pulled a blanket over him.

I left him a glass of water, a couple of paracetamol and finally the joint he asked me to roll. I kissed him on the head before getting up and going back to bed.

When I wake up, I decide to shower and dress, giving Cappie a little longer till I wake him. I'm surprised to find him upright; he looks rough.

The water and tablets are gone and he is smoking the end of the joint I left him.

"So do you feel as good as you look right now?" I ask him, trying to suppress my smile at the pained grimace on his face.

"All right smart ass we can't all look that good in the morning." He grumbles as his eyes sweep over my appearance.

"You could if you hadn't tried to drink London dry and taken god knows what" I tell him playfully

"At least I didn't wake you," he says prouy, stretching himself out.

"You don't remember coming back, destroying everything in your path, waking me up, asking me to roll before passing out on my lap" I ask laughing at his confused expression.

"Fuck did I say anything I'm gonna regret" he groans

"No you make a charming mess" I tell him honestly.

"Good" he says standing up "shower then food"

"Don't you want to sleep?" I ask

"I have three months to sleep," he grins, grabbing an energy drink and heading to the shower.