Chapter: 1 the reaping

Annie point of view (pov)

Its time for the reaping. I am wearing a light blue dress that goes up to my knees, matching shoes, and a shell necklace that I made on the beach watching the sunset a year ago. I am certainly not excited for the reaping this year it's the 70th hunger games this year and I have a bad feeling in my stomach, like its in knots that I can't untie. I really wish I could miss it this year, but I can't unless I'm knocking on deaths door. So I walk out and after a couple minutes I suddenly feel someone pushing me on the back into the sand as I walk over to the center of town. I fall to the ground.

"Hey!" I said.

"You should have seen it comming. I hope you get picked this year. No one likes you. So you might as well voulenteer. But then again if you were to win you would be rewarded greatly, but who am I kidding its Annie Cresta I am talking to. The most unpopular girl in district 4! Well see you at the reaping." My bully, Rosetta said. Then she left. She has been doing this for eight years now. Then I look down to pull myself up. But then I see two feet right in front of me.

"Are you ok? Here take my hand I'll help you up." Said the mysterious boys voice. I look up and I see.

"F-F-Finnick O-O-Odair, t-t-thank you." I said studdering.

"Your welcome, why did you fall?" He asked.

"I was pushed but its ok, well bye." I said then practically made a run for it. Finnick just stood there looking at me. After I get my finger pricked I go on the side of the crowd of girls. Then the district 4 escort, Amathyst comes out.

"Hello everyone, we all know why we are here, the hunger games! But first before we choose our tributes we have something special to play straight from the capitol." She starts to play a very long video on why the hunger games were created and I zone out. "Well that was enlightening don't you think?" She asks in her perky capitol accent. Everything is silent." Well then lets begin!" She said. My heart is beating so fast it feels like I am going to have a heart attack. "As usual ladies first." She walks over to a large bowl and she is wearing a large amathyst ring. She puts her hand in circles until she zones in on one piece of paper. She grabs it and walks over. My heart going faster. "Annie Cresta!" Everyone is staring at me. My heart stopped and I slowly walked up and I looked like I just saw the scariest thing and my face is so pale. I stand next to Amathyst. She does the same to the boys side."Marlin Johnson!" She says I find the boy in the crowd. He looks like he is twelve years old, so thin its unbelievable that he is alive. He must be from a poorer section of district four. He has brown hair, brown eyes, and freckles everywhere. The scariest thing is that he looks more terrified than me! I didn't even think that was possible. Then we shook hands and then we were escorted into the justice building. I waited becouse I had no one to see me becouse all my family is dead and I have no friends. When the time is up I am escorted into the train. And this is where my story begins.