Chapter 42: waking

Finnick pov

One year later

I wake up inside a white room. I recognize this place. This is a Capitol hospital room. I look to see more of my surroundings. I'm hooked up to a heart  monitor and hooked to a large sum of IVs. I see patches of my skin are either red and looks burned or really pale. I see a doctor. She walks over surprised to see me awake.

''Hello Mr.Odair. I am Miss.Everdeen. You are in the Capitol. Don't worry, you are not in danger.''

''What happened?''

''You fought off some mutations in a sewer. You saved Katniss and the rest of the team. We went to collect you but we all thought you were dead. That is when we heard someone say you're heart is beating. You continue to suffer from third degree burns, a concussion, and servere bites from the mutts.'' Wow, alot happened to me.

''Is the war still going? Is Snow dead? What happened to Annie?'' Annie, oh no. I should have satyed.

''The war is over, yes Snow is dead, and Annie is doing fine.''

''How long was I asleep?''

''It was more of a coma. And you have been in a coma for a year.'' A year? That means Annie already had our baby.

''When can I go back?''

''In a year.'' A year? I cannot wait that long. I need to see her.

''Fine. Is Coin president?'' I never liked Coin. I think she tried to kill Katniss when she sent Peeta.

''No, she was killed by Katniss. Then a large crowd came and killed Snow, Paylor is President now.''