Chapter 51: finding out the truth

Cordelia pov

Today my friend Skylar said that there is something to see at the beach. When I get there to see Alec... and he's kissing another girl. And I know that girl. Delly Cartwright's daughter, Alexi. When they stop they get up and start walking.

''I can't believe you dated Cordelia Odair the biggest flirt of the school.''

''I know. I didn't even like her. I only dated her because her parents are victors. Then she believed that her idiot of a friend beat me up.'' Then I make myself known I heard the whole conversation.

''Hello Alec. Alexi.''

''What do you want?''

''To talk to Alec for one second.''

"Well. I'm breaking up with you, you two-timing jerk.''

''What I am the one who breaks us up. Not an idiot that's got a crazy mom like you.'' 

''That's it. You wanted to say that now I will end you.'' I storm over and we get into a big huge fight. Then I feel two arms lift me up and two more arms trying to hold me back. I look to see my dad picked me up and Dylan is holding me back. Then I hear yelling. Its Dylan yelling at Alec. 

After that argument they throw one punch each and Alexi walks off with Alec. My family lets me go and I run over to Ryder.

''I'm so sorry, I should have believed you. I'm so sorry.''

''It's alright, really. I've gone through worse at my old school. There I used to do stuff like combating.''

''That's so cool!''

''Maybe I could show you a couple rounds tomorrow afternoon?''

''Are you asking me out?''

''Yeah, I didn't notice how amazing you are, like before I thought you were cool but you are awesome. So what do say?''

''Yes, I would love to.'' Then we walked home and I already know I have explaining to do. When we get home he takes my hand and kisses it.

''I hope you had a nice time besides the break up incident.''

''I did have a great time. I gotta go. Bye.'' I plant a kiss on his cheek and head inside.

When I get in mom and dad are sitting down in the dining room waiting for me. When I sit down mom yells,

''Why did you beat someone up! That's so unlike you!''

''Because in his own words he said, 'What I am the one who breaks us up. Not an idiot that's got a crazy mom like you.' that's what he said.'' Dad is so infuriated that he gets up and goes to his trident. Mom takes it away though, but what we didn't notice that Dylan went to get back at Alec. We all go looking for him but we can't. I run over to Ryder's place. He's not there either. Three hours later they show up with bruises and blood on their fists. They explain and when they are done Dylan gets grounded for four months and same with Ryder. I pull Ryderaway from this and we sit on the sand.

''What are we?'' I ask.

''what do you mean?''

''I mean friends, dating, boyfriend and girlfriend?''

''I don't know. Cordelia, will you make it official and be my girlfriend?'' His question stunned me. but I answer with,

''Yes, I would love to.'' Then I'm in the biggest hug ever.

When I go to bed all I can think of is how weird today was.