Chapter 29: let the games begin, again

Annie pov

Todays the day I hace been dreading. Yet, since the reaping I have been more independant. But I can't wait to see him again. I walk into the living room with a glass of water. I set it on the table. The countdown starts and I am starting to get nervous. What if he dies? No, Finnick is strong. He'll live. The gong goes off and Finnick is there first. He grabs a trident and rope. Once I see that sight I know he is comming home. Next is something that is confusing. Katniss is there, thats odd becouse there is no lake, ocean, or even pond there. How did she do that so fast? He shows her a bracelet and she doesn't shoot him with her arrow. I guess they are an alliance. They get out and Peeta hits the forcefield and Finnick revives him. I don't know why. Isn't the objective of the games is to kill others in the arena. I think that its odd but I don't dwell on it for long. A while later they get something Johanna knows, called a spile. But instead of sap it gave them water.

I take a break to make so I make some pasta and eat that. I watch the tributes faces in the sky. Then I hear twelve bangs go off. I don't know what it means but I don't care. I start to doze off and fall asleep on the couch.