Chapter 17: the beach

Annie pov

We just get to the beach and I start to panick

"Annie Annie Annie, are you ok?"

When he said that he had fear written all over his face. So I just grabbed his hand and took deep breaths.

"Yeah Finn, I'm fine. I need to do this. I can handle it."

"Are you shure? I don't want to see you scared."

"Yeah, lets head down to the water." When we got there I asked him, "Hey Finn, can you hold my hand? It makes me feel safer."

"Of coarse Annie." He grabbed my hand and led me into the water. I was hesitant at first but then it started to get easier and that was the most fun I had since I was with him before the games. We splashed around in the water. After two to three hours we got out and dried off and then we just sat and watched the sun set. It was beautiful. He ended up making a fire and cuddled with me under a blanket we braught. We ended up talking for hours and it was amazing.

"Finnick?"

"Yes Annie?"

"Did you have fun today?"

"Of course I did Annie. And it's becouse I got to spend it with you."

"Ugh you and your pick up lines." I smiled and started to giggle. We spent another two hours or so. But then I started to doze off and while I was laying on the sand he put out the fire. Then he picked me up and carried me to my bedroom. When he put me down and tucked me in and started to walk away when I said,

"Finn, will you stay with me?"

"Of course Ann, I'll just be right back." He left my room only to come back three minutes later only wearing his pajama pants. He then climbed into bed and I put my head in his chest. Only two minutes later we both fell asleep.