Chapter 45: He's back

Annie pov

''F-F-Finnick? No, this can't happen again. Not again.''

"Annie, it's me Finnick. I'm back. I survived." Then to prove he's real he hugs me. The same thing happens when I'm asleep, except this time he doesn't disappear into thin air.

''It's you? I thought you died. Come in. Today's his birthday.'' 

''So it's a boy?''

"Yes, it's a boy. and his name is Dylan Finnick Odair.''

''You chose my name first name for his middle?''

''I mean yeah, I wanted to have a piece more of you with me.'' Now we break away from our hug. I lead him into the living room.

I stop him and tell him to wait there. He shakes his head in agreement.

''Everyone there is someone I want you to meet.'' They all look at me with questioning  faces. I grab Finnicks hand and guide him out of the doorway.

''Guys I want you to meet my husband Finnick Odair.'' I say it with a smile on my face trying not to laugh. But. Finnick just chuckles. Dylan looks confused and everyone else just looks like a deer in the headlights. Just Madge doesn't even look phased.

''How are you alive? I saw you.'' Said Katniss.

''I lived. Somehow. I did get third degree burns, bites, and a bad concussion but other then that I'm fine.''

''Wow. We're glad you're back.'' Said Peeta.

''Thanks.'' Says Finnick as he grabs my waist and pulls me to his side.

''So. How's everyone?''

''Well, Peeta and I are going to have a daughter. It did take me a lot of convincing, but I came around.''

''Yeah. Two years of convincing.'' Said Peeta.

''Gale and I have a son. His name is Ryder.'' Said Madge.

''Yeah, he's a year old.'' Said Gale.

''I'm starting to get over morphling, but still terrified of water.'' Said Johanna.

''Wow a lot of stuff happened when I was gone.''

''Yeah. Well we're just so happy to have you back.'' I said.

''How about we take Dylan to our place so you guys can talk tonight.'' Peeta suggested.

''Okay. We can talk tonight. Okay?'' I said.

''Okay.'' Said Finnick.

Two hours later

''Thanks for having us. Come on Dylan!'' Called Peeta.

''It was a pleasure having you. And I know Dylan loved it too.'' I said.

Ryder comes over with his over night bag that Finnick helped him pack. Finnick and I were talking while Ryder stayed with the Mellarks.