Chapter 25: his reaping

Annie pov

I get to the reaping with Finnick and Mags. When we get there we all get our fingers pricked. Now Amethyst comes out.

"Hello everyone. Today we will see our tributes for the seventy-fifth hunger games and third quarter quell. Lets begin. I feel my heart racing one hundred miles per hour. She does the same thing like my reaping.

"Annie Cresta!" Oh my god. I'm going back in! I can't help but cry. And Finnck is the only living male tribute so I'm gonna have to fight my own fiancé. This can't be happening. And while I am crying on stage Mags volenteers for me.

I turn to her and hug her wispering, "Thank you, Mags." She then shakes her head ad walks up to Amethyst. And then,

"Now time for the male tribute." Whem she grabs the paper she winks at him. She goes back to her original position. "Finnick Odair."

Now I will be left without anyone. Johanna is the only living female in district seven. So that leaves me all alone. Before she can say anything peacekeepers take Mags and Finnick to the train. I never even got to say goodbye. They usher me to my house. Now I have no one. I don't know what to do so I turn on the television and watch the other reapings. After that I skip dinner and go to bed.

I have a nightmare, its Finnick. He's getting killed by Enobaria, this years female tribute for district two. I'm watching this happen. I can't do anything. I hear him screaming my name to help him but I can't. His screams get softer and softer. Then Enobaria looks at me. She sees me. I try running but I can't. She grabs me but before she can kill me I wake up soaked in sweat. I'm breathing heavily. So I decide to stay awake until I start to doze off.