Chapter 2: the train

Annie pov

I got on the train to see two victors, Mags Flanagan and Finnick Odair. Its not like I like like him, I'm just really shy.

"Hi." Said Finnick calmly.

"Hi." Marlin and I said.

"Mags decided to mentor Marlin. So I'll mentor you, Annie." Said Finnick.

"Ok." We both said. I walked into my room depressed that I am being sent to my death. It must have been obvious becouse I hear a knock on my door. "Who is it?" I asked.

"Finnick." He said.

"Come in." And he does.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Who would be. I am being sent to my death in the arena-" I said but then he stopped me.

"Not if I have anything to do about it. You seem strong enough. I think you have an amazing shot at winning, and you also have me as a mentor. So you have a pretty great shot. But can I ask you a question?" He said then asked.

"Shure, go ahead." I said.

"Why were you on the ground and if someone pushed you, why and tell me the truth." He said.

"Ok. I never was the most popular and that brought me alot of bullies, after she shoved me to the ground she said that I might as well voulenteer. Thats why I look depressed all the time, you'll see that alot. But the worst was a girl named Rosetta, alot of them would just pitty me after doing whatever they wanted, so thats why." I said.

"Oh, I am really sorry. But you know what? I'm gonna help you so you just gotta let me and try. Ok?" He asked.

"Ok." I said.

Two hours later

"We're here." He said.

"Ok, comming." Marlin and I said in unison.