Chapter 20: Finnkcks birthday

Annie pov

I wake up before Finnick and I write a note on things to get so I can get him out of the house. It's a long list so it'll take him a while. While I'm writing the list I feel someone give me a hug from behind and it's Finnick.

"Hey Ann, what are you doing?"

"Hey Finn, I'm writing a list. I need you to go to the store for me please."

"Fine. Woah thats a long list. Are you shure we need all that?"

"Yes. Now please don't do anything stupid with this."

"Ok. See you later, ok?"

"Ok."

He just left. First thing I have to do is work on the presant. I wrap the large box and take it out to the beach and hide it. Now I have to make a cake, wich I have never done before. So this is gonna be very hard.

I just put the cake in the oven around fourty five minutes ago. I'm starting to see smoke. Uh oh. I started a fire!

"What do I do! I'm scared!" I go to to the phone and call Finnick.

"Hey Annie, is everything alright?"

"No." He must have heard the fear in my voice and the fact that I said no.

"Annie, what happened?" He said it with urgency in his voice.

"I tried to make you a cake but it started a fire!''

"What! I'm comming home right now. Get out of the house, now!" I never heard him talk like that to me before.

"Ok Finn, I'm getting out now." I'm outside and I'm waiting for Finnick. I can't believe I did this. I'm burning the house down. I call the fire department and their taking care of the house. Now I'm going to have to take care of Finnick.

"Annie!" Its Finnick.

"Hey Finn I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do this. I just wanted to throw a surprise party for you. I'm so sorry."

"Hey, its ok Ann. As long as you didn't get hurt."

"But Finn, youre house is on fire."

"I can get another house. I can't get another Annie. If you got hurt I don't know what I would do."

"Finn, I'm still sorry. I never meant to do that. Today was supposed to be perfect for you."

"Annie, I just want to spend the day with you. Hey, I have an idea. How about we go to the beach."

"Fine. I just gotta do something then."

"Ok. I'll see you there."

I go over to the box and calk Finn over once I'm inside the box Finn comes over and he sees the box that has a large piece of paper that says his name. He reads the note that says,

Dear Finnick,
           I love you, more than anyone can ever love anyone. I hope youre birthday is as special as you. I love you and I hope you love this as much as I love you.
                             Love, Annie.

He opens the box and I jump out and hug him. He seems startled at first but he dugs me back.

"You startled me. And yes. I do love my presant as much as I love you. Becouse my gift is you."

"I knew you would, but theres one more thing. I got you this yesterday." I hand him the rope I got him yesterday. He softly laughs and looks at me.

"Thank you, Annie. I love it. You could teach me how to tie knots."

"Yeah. Come on. Lets bring the box back and go sit on the sand." Wich is exactly what we did for the whole day. It was perfect.