Chapter 46: more news

Annie pov

It's been two months since Finnick came back. Ever since he came I've been feeling different. For the past week I've been throwing up in the morning. I wonder what's happening to me. Once again Finnick is concerned, so Johanna decided to stay to try to get over her fears of water. So while Finnick and I go to the doctors, Ryder will be staying with Jo.

''Mrs. Odair?'' Calls the nurse. Finnick and I get up and follow her. She sits us down and proceeds to tell us the news. Before she tells us Finnick holds both my hands.

''Mrs. Odair, congratulations, you are going to have a baby.'' I look at Finnick and he looks surprised. Star-struck even. He looks at me and smiles. His smile grows too big for his face. He turns to me and hugs me. Then I just comprehend what she said. I start to cry tears of joy. And this time I know Finnick will be here with me.

''Thank you.'' Finnick said to the nurse. We get up and leave. He drives home even though I told him that I can.

When we get to Jo's temporary house Dylan runs to us and hugs us.

''Dylan, daddy and I need to talk to auntie Johanna got one minute.''

''Okay.'' He said disappointed. While he walked off Johanna has a smirk on her face and quietly laughing.

''Let me guess. You're pregnant, aren't you.''

''Yeah.'' I said with a smile on my face.

''I knew it.'' She hugs us. ''Congrats, and this time it'll be a lot more normal. As in I will help you, not coach you.''

''Yeah.'' I said. Finnick smiles and wraps his arm around my side. I see Dylan. He must have been listening to our whole conversation.

''I see you Dylan.'' I say as I start walking over and pick him up. ''Were you listening to what we were saying?'' I ask. He nods his head and laughs. He looks so much like Finnick. And sometimes acts like it if you like it or not.

After we tell Jo we call up Peeta and Katniss.

''Hey guys! Finn and I have to tell you something.''

''We do too! But you go first.''

''Okay, I'm going to have a baby!''

''Oh my gosh! That's great! How long?'' Asks Peeta.

''I think two months. Now you.''

''Well, Katniss just had the baby! And its a girl.''

''Congratulations Peeta and Katniss! What's her name?''

''Willow Primrose Mellark.''

''That's a beautiful name. Did Katniss pick it out?''

''Yeah. Well I gotta go help Katniss. Bye.''

''Bye!'' Now we call Madge and Gale.

''Hi guys!''

''Hi. Finnick and I have something to tell you something very important.''

''What is it?'' Asks Gale. Madge was apparently taking care of Ryder.

''I'm pregnant!''

''Really? That's awesome! How long?''

''Two months.''

''That's great! Madge and I have big news too, but not as big as that.''

''What is it?'' I ask curiously.

''We're moving to district four! My work has moved there.''

''That's great!''

''Sorry, I gotta go. Need to help Madge. Tell Finnick I said hi, okay?''

''Okay. Tell Madge the same, okay?''

''Okay. Bye.''

''Bye.'' And we hang up. I turn to Finnick and say, ''He wanted me to tell you hi and that their moving to four!''

''That's great!''

After that we thank Johanna and leave. We put Dylan to bed and I go straight to sleep. But before I do Finnick whispers in my ear,

''Thank you for giving me something to live for.'' I smile and say,

''Thank you for doing the same.'' He kisses my head and I fall asleep.