Chapter 50: not talking

Cordelia pov

Yesterday Alec told me he wanted to show me something. I don't know what it is though. But all he said is that its important.

Its four o'clock and I hear a knock at the door. Mom, dad, Brooke, Adrian, Dylan, and Marina all went to the beach. I stayed home.

When I open the door Alec looks horrible. He has bruises everywhere and he looks terrified. ''Are you okay? What happened?''

''You're friend Ryder. He said that I need to stay away from you or else he would tell his dad that I hurt him.'' I can't believe this. Why would he say that.

''Why?''

''He said he wants you all to himself. Then when I said no he beat me up. He said if I told you he would do even worse.''

''I need to talk to him.'' With that I storm out of the house. I know Gale and Madge aren't home because they went out on date night.

''Open up!'' I yell.

When Ryder opens the door he has a black eye. ''Cordelia? What do you need?''

''Why did you beat up my boyfriend? That's messed up!''

''What are you talking about? I never beat Alec up. I would never do that.''

''He came to my house just now and said you beat him up. He has bruises all over him so don't say that you didn't. You know what stay away from us. I don't even want to talk to you so I came to tell you to stay away.'' And with that I left.

When I get back I help Alec as best as possible. Hours later I take him home. Ryder is taking a walk. I don't acknowledge him. Alec turns around to look and turns his head back. I stop on his doorstep and say goodbye only to see him at school tomorrow. I leave and go home. I just go upstairs and mom brings my food in.

''Honey, are you okay? You've seemed upset since the rest of us got home. You're dad is tying knots he's so worried. It was even Brooke who literally pushed me into your room.''

''I'm fine. Just my favourite character in this book I'm reading just died. That's all.'' I lied. I've never lied before. It feels wrong.

''Are you sure? I've never seen you this angry before.''

''Yeah, I'm shure.''

Annie pov

I know Delia is lying and I'm gonna find out what to help her.

''Okay honey. You know you can talk to any of us if you need to. Okay?''

''I know mom. Can I talk to Brooke for one second?''

''Of course. I'll go get her.''

After fifteen minutes Brooke comes out of the room. Then I sit her, Finnick and I down. After she spills her guts I see Finnick get up and I grab his hand.

''What are you doing?''

''I'm telling Gale everything that monster Alec did.''

''No! Don't do it. How about we give her one month to figure it out. If she doesn't get it we will tell her ourselves.''

''Fine. But if he hurts her I swear I'll-''

''Finnick!''

''Fine.''

''How about you give her a hint okay?'' I ask Brooke she nods her head and after that we all go to bed.