Chapter 33: set free

Annie pov

I wake up from my sleep as usual they interrogate me and punnish me for stuff that they don't want to hear, even though I'm telling the truth.

I eat my usual food and all of a sudden I hear a loud thud. Gas starts spreading. I go against the wall and I hold my ring. They come into my room and some man picks me up. He carries me me out and about half way there the two of us both fall. I hear him scream in pain. I look back and I see a man, he has black hair, gray eyes, and an olive skin tone. He looks like Katniss' brother. Then another man picks me up and carries me to a hovercraft. Then the other man that got me the first half way is carried in. He is laying across from me and there are doctors everywhere, helping Peeta, Johanna, the mystery man, and I get some help with the scrstches and scars.

"Hey." Said the mystery man

"Hi."

"So, you're the Annie Finnick won't shut up about."

"Who are you?"

"Gale Hawthorne."

"Well, thank you Gale. And where's Finnick?"

''He's back in district thirteen.''

''Thirteen? I thought thirteen is gone?''

"Well, not really.''

''What do you mean?''

''The district was bombed, but only on the surface. They all live under ground.''

''Oh. Well, hows Finnick?''

''Umm...''

''This is scaring me. Plesae Gale please tell me the truth.''

''Ok. He's been a mess. He's been inside the hospital wing for a while. But he has been discharged for a week so far.''

''Does he still have his ring?''

"He looks at it every two minutes. He holds onto it like his life depends on it.''

''I did the same.''

''He looked like a lost puppy. He looks like an empty shell of himself, thats how much he misses you.''

''Wow thanks Gale. Really, you saved my life back there. I can tell we are going to be greay friends. What happened to you're shoulder? It's all patched up?''

''When we fell, its becouse I got shot in the shoulder.''

''Oh, I'm sorry.''

''Annie, its not you're fault. Its much more important that you, Johanna, and Peeta are safe.''

''Thanks.''

''Welcome. Now get ready, we're gonna be there in five.''

''Ok.''

When its time to go Gale helps me into the hospital wing. We talk antother ten minutes and then we say our goodbyes. Next, Finnick.