Chapter 13: day two

Annie pov

I wake up and I notice Marlin isn't there. I start to worry. I get down and hear four cannon shots. I'm now scared that he got killed. Then I feel someone hug me from behind.

"Aaah!" I screamed.

"Sorry. I didn't know." I turn around and it's Marlin.

"Marlin! You scared me. I thought you died. Never do that to me again, kid. Ok?" I asked.

"Ok. I really am sorry."

"Stay here. I am going to go find food."

"Ok." He said

I go to find food and around five minutes later I hear him scream my name.

"Annie! Help, me they found me!" My heart stopped. I run over to him and Marlins is held down on a rock. Allysa has an axe in her hands. Hovering over his head.

"No!" She throws a knife at me. It hit me in the arm. I scream as she takes his head off his body. I grab my trident and throw it at her. Landing in her chest, killing her instantly. I run over to my trident and get it. Then I begin to cry on Marlin. Becouse I failed to keep my promise to Leah. To keep him safe. I run away as I hear the other careers. It turns to night and now its time for the fallen tributes. They start with Allysa then Marlin. Eight male,  eleven male, and ten male. Now I climb up a tree and try to go to sleep, but I can't. Instead I have a nightmare. Then I see a parachute. A sponsor. I open it to find a first aid kit. And a note that says 'Your doing great Ann. I believe in you. Just get ready to swim back home. Almost there. Love Finnick.'

"What does he mean swim back home?" Just as I am done taking care of my knife wound a huge wave comes over me. 'Thats what he meant.' I thought so I start to swim up as there is a huge current taking me under just as there are four cannon shots for one male, two male, five female, and nine male. As the water drains I am able to swim up and look up all I can think of is 'Oh my god. I just won I'm gonna see Finn again!' They come and pick me up out of the arena. They patch up my arm and I am going back to see Finn.