Chapter 18: going to the store

I woke up around nine in the morning. It's been two weeks since I went to the beach. Since I'm starting to run out of food I decided to go to the market to get what I need. I write a note for Finnick that says,

My dearest Finnick, we are running out of food so I decided to go to the market. Don't worry, I'll be back soon.
Love, Annie

I leave the note next to him and I go out. This has been the first time since before my games that I have been out of the house alone. Either Finnick comes with me or he goes. He never tells me why. I get to the store and O hearna familiar voice.

"Annie. Annie Cresta. I never thought to ever see you alone again. Why, Finnick not up yet to take care of his not just pathetic but also crazy girlfriend?" Rosetta, I knew it. What does she mean crazy. I know I do get nightmares and do get my times, but I didn't know that made me crazy.

"Nice to see you too Rosetta, and no, Finnick is not up yet. And of all people I should know, I should becouse he asked me to move in with him, but thank you."

"Wait why are you saying thank you? And I bet he's just living with you 'cause he feels bad for you. Too bad. Just a waste of time for him to be with you and-" but before she can speak she stops as a hand grabs my shoulder. I look to see who it is and its Finnick.

"Annie is definately not a waste of time. And she's living with me becouse I love her."

"Awwe isn't that cute. The famous Finnick Odair sticking up for his girlfriend, crazy Cresta." Next thing I know Finnick walks away and we see two peacekeepers comming. They take her away and we continue shopping.

"Why'd you come? I told you I would come back soon."

"I know I just got worried and I missed you."

"You got to stop worrying about me all the time."

"I know, I just don't want to hear your hurt all of a sudden. If anything happened to you I don't know what I would do. I used to see you every day at the market when we were both younger and, oh my gosh Annie. I just remembered that we used to be friends when ae were like three. I forgot about you all this time. How could I forget about you. Mags says that the peolpe you love will creep up on you. Thats why I was starring at you. 'Cause I realized how much of a crush I had on you."

"Oh Finn, thats right we did uesd to be friends. Untill you won your games. Hey, I gotta grab something. Meet me at home?"

"Shure. See you there." Then he left. I went and got a very large box, wrapping paper, a bow, and a long length of rope. Getting ready for Finnicks' birthday.