Chapter 6: talking with Finnick

Annie pov

"Hi." I said.

"Hi, lets get down to business. What are you best at and ok with?" He asked.

"I am best at a trident and ok with trowing knives and swords."

"Ok so wait until the games to use the trident. And until then just use throwing knives and try to get you and Marlin into the career pack. That will help ensure your and Marlins survival for finding out what they excel at and prctice in the arena so you can excel even more with the trident. Also never start fires. That brings them to you and will kill you in your sleep. I think thats enough for today. See you tomorrow, and remember to be careful. Ok? I just don't want to see a pretty girl like you die on me, ok? Bye." He said.

"Ok. Bye."
'Did he really just say I am pretty? Of all people the Finnick Odair call me Annie Cresta pretty? I must have misheard him, I must have. I am alot of things, but I am not pretty. Should I go back and ask him? Nah.' Even though I descided not to, I was knocking on his door and then I hear.

"Come in!" He said.

Next thing I am opening his door and he's putting his shirt back on. Next thing I know I'm blushing.

"Sorry, what did you need did I forget to talk about something?"

"It's ok and did you call me pretty?"

''Yeah, and I meant it you'r pretty. Actually really pretty. And um," At this potint I could see him turning super red like a rose. I haven't talked to him for long but I think I am starting to dare I say it a crush on him." I kinda like you, alot actually. And this is kinda hard to say but whenever I hear your voice it's, amazing, and your hair it's beautiful and your personality is the best, its like my heart stops and all I ever think about is you. And bottom line is I love you."

My heart stops and I respond with '' I love you too, but I might die in-" but then he stops me.

''Annie Cresta, I Finnick Odair promise you I will do everything I can do in me power to keep you alive, no matter what it is. I love you with every part of me. More than you will ever know. Ever since I helped you up at the beach, thats when I had a crush on you. I love you. Do you get that that?"

"Yes, I do. I-" then he kisses me its like my life is complete. Of course I kiss him back, but then it became more than a kiss, becouse then he asked me something.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" Then I kissed him even more and then started making out with him and then it was so much more. Then we pulled away and talked for houers. It was amazing.