Chapter Four.

Elizabeth spent six weeks at the mansion so far. In public Meliodas made her feel special but behind closed doors he was distant and cold towards her. To her knowledge, he found her amusing to watch. His favorite Anime live.
As time went by she and Elaine began opening up to each other. She learned how sweet and caring the fairy was. Elizabeth even got along with Ban treating him as if he was a brother she never had.
It felt as if she was living two different lives and wasn't sure how to handle that just yet. Today was her first free day and she planned to spend it beachfront.

Elizabeth's POV:

"Goodmorning Elaine"
"Ellie goodmorning! You're up early." Elaine had been in the kitchen making breakfast for them. She was still in PJs just like I was.

"Yeah.. Meliodas was showering and I guess the sound woke me up" I giggled and smiled like usual but I knew the answer I had given was wrong.
I had grown accustomed to Meliodas sleeping in the same bed as me and everytime he isn't there for a long period of time I wake up.

He keeps his distance but I still loved the extra warmth at night. He would never see it the way I do though so this facade will do until the year was over.
"I still can't believe how convincing you two are. When we are at business dinners I almost forget you two arent real." Elaine giggled with a sweet smile on her face as she finished up breakfast.

"Yea.. I'm pretty good at acting" Even I sometimes forget it's all fiction.

"I'm thinking of heading to the beach for the day off.. did you and Ban wanna come? We can take a grill and have dinner out there." I asked unconsciously. As much as I'd love a peaceful day I knew I didn't want to be alone.

"Is that so?"
I froze in my seat.

"Goodmorning Meliodas, just in time for breakfast" Elaine hummed and passed his plate to him. He sat in the seat next to me and thanked her.

His smile lit up the atmosphere. Oh how I wished he showed that smile to me more..

"Mornin' Elizabeth" he glanced over at me and then returned to his meal. "M-morning Sir M-Meliodas.." I managed to mutter to him. Elaine made small talk with me until he was done eating.

"Soo. This beach trip thing you're planning. Am I not invited?" He mentioned slyly and I began to freak out.

"N-no I never said that!" I waved my hands frantically in the air. "I simply thought you wouldn't care to come considering you have so much on your plate is all. But you are more than welcomed to join us" my cheeks flushed scarlett.

"Calm down. Its fine. I will be going though since you'll be out in public. This would be a good chance to show more PDA for the newsletters" his smirk couldn't have been more devious.

After Elaine convinced Ban to join we got ready and packed Ban's car with everything we needed for the day.
Meliodas sat away from me the whole ride there. He only spoke to the others.

Once we got there it was already past noon. Meliodas helped me out of the car and we made our way to set up on the shore.

"Beach is kinda crowded today don't cha think Cap'n"
"It's a holiday for everyone else today. The celebration of everlasting peace. Tonight a festival is happening at the capital." With his arms behind his head Meliodas scanned his surroundings. When he noticed it was safe enough he relaxed and sat in the sand.

Third POV:

As Ban and Elaine ran off into the water, Elizabeth and Meliodas laid back in the sand.

He looked at the girl laid out to tan. She had picked a little white bikini that fit her beautifully. He stared at her and traced her body with his eyes. Starting at her exposed neck, to the arch of her back and down to her ass and thighs.