Chapter ThirtyFive

Elizabeth♡

"It would suck for all of this to go to waste.. but I feel like I don't belong. And honestly I've done well without a mom." I reply to his grand gesture... the one thing I'm sure he had been waiting to ask me.

He was right. I've always taken what I wanted and knew I deserved. I worked hard to become who I am now.

I will mate first.. regain my memories and then decide what to do with the rest of my life. Do I want to be a Goddess? Or do I want to be a demon?..

"I'll send word to the demons attending... including mom and dad.. but I think we should leave before anyone comes looking for us.." he suggested thoughtfully.

I sighed, taking one last look at the grand life I could have had.

Everything happens for a reason. Meliodas has my back no matter what decision I make. I can do this my way.

"Back to our little cabin in the woods?" I smiled to myself pleased by the thought.  "Yes.. where we can be alone.. and I can finally unleash the demon within" his seductive voice sent tingles down my body.

Ever since we began the process all of my senses have been heightened. When I'm with him I get a sense of desire I can't describe anymore. Instead I'll embrace it.

"Then.. take me home.. Meliodas" my arms wrapped around his neck while his arms followed. "With pleasure Elizabeth."

Goodbye for now. Next time I arrive it'll be with my final decision. One that you may or may not like, Mom.

When we arrived back home Meliodas and I spread ourselves across the bed. "Ellie I'm so happy to be alone again. Too many servants, too much noise, so much distraction." He complained miserably.

"Tell me how you really feel about it." I laughed jokingly. "I wanted to go through with it.. at least I thought I did. But why rush things when I can think about it properly.. and focus on being your Mate." I laid myself on top of him, holding him tightly.

"Mmm... I love you Elizabeth.. I always have and always will." He spoke softly and lowly. His fingers traced circles along my spine underneath the shirt I had worn to leave.

"I love you, Meliodas." I placed a sweet kiss on his lips before relaxing in his embrace. "Rest.. tomorrow we will pick up where we left off.." he was calm, warm and convincing.

All of which allowed me to succumb to sleep effortlessly.

Eliza

"Meliodas... you ever wondered what would happen if we met under different circumstances?" She quizzed the blonde.

The two sat close to each other warmed by the fireplace in Meliodas' cabin.

"Why would I? I'd rather be right here in the now with you." He replied casually while he munched on an apple we had collected earlier.

"The goddesses.. they want my powers and they want my allegiance but I simply can't give in. They believe I don't know they sent Mael to force me into love.. to force me to mate with him.. I don't understand what our kingdom has done to theirs.." Eliza vented somberly. Tears slowly beginning to form and fall down her delicate cheeks.

"Liz.. the Goddess kingdom only ever cared about one thing, being the most superior of all. When a Celestial is born with the ability to master both devine powers it poses a huge threat to their authority over the humans.. a being like you could tear their precious system apart." Meliodas replied.

"But.. us Celestials have been neutral for centuries.. we don't even go near the human kingdom.. in fact the only kingdoms we ever visit are this one and theirs.. my family has made sure of that. I'm the only Celestial on record to ever gain the ability to keep both powers.." she took a deep breath and sipped her hot cocoa slowly.

"Whichever side you pick would be invincible to the other.. not only are you good in battle but you are royalty. A born leader with the natural ability to nullify the other sides powers. It's only natural they want you." He explained as his hand traveled to her thigh, resting in place.

"So.. why do you want me then?" Her heart pounded as the question finally escaped her lips.

"Eliza... you don't remember? You forced me to love you and now I can't stop.. Mael or not.. you will always be mine." The silverette stared into the emerald eyes of her future. For once she felt safe.

"Why did you pick me?" Mel asks, breaking the beauty out of her daze. "Simple. You didn't care who I was, you cared that I knew who you were. Mael pampered me, showed me his city, took me on devine adventures.. but you showed me your world, opened your heart and was honest with me. I also like the way you smell. Makes me happy."

Meliodas stared at the Celestial. He had put his kingdom on the line to make sure she had a home with him. The Diety won't allow his kind any form of authority or happiness in his eyes so he knows the moment she has mated with him war will come once more.

"Are you sure.. you want to put yourself on the line to mate with me? I mean.. Mael offers a pretty sweet package.. you'd be treated as devine royalty... and you'd be loved by all." His expression darkened and his head hung lower.

"Meliodas. I don't want the sweet package I want a fulfilling life. I want to be me and not the almighty Celestial. I can do that with you."

Leaning in closely she pressed her lips against his. Meliodas wrapped his arms tightly around her and closed each gap he could between them.

Once he separated himself the two stared deeply at each other.

"My sweet Eliza. I swear if they land a hand on anything you love.. if they destroy everything we know.. I will be back to end them. Once and for all."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Rubi♡

I got a new kitten on impulse.

Till next time ✌🏼