Chapter Fourteen.

Meliodas~

I entered the club, sitting at a booth in the far corner so no one would notice me. I scanned every last girl there until I spotted the gorgeous silverette.

She had been dancing with the redhead from before and taking shots back to back, even more so after she slapped Arthur. My instincts knew this is where she would come to. This was all Elizabeth knew.

My demon had taken over completely on impulse. It almost numbed me of the pain of her leaving. Almost.

Watching her like this make it harder but my demon side insists on watching who I naturally claimed. I needed to make sure she was safe.

I didn't realize she heard me with Merlin, I didn't smell her or feel her presence. I just didn't want that woman in my business. I wanted to see where the real me wants to go with her but of course this happens.

Elizabeth. I know you can't hear me but believe me when I say you're more than just my employee.

If you would love her like a proper demon we wouldn't be in this mess.

Shut up for once.

I told you. This woman is our mate but no, Mr BigShot wants the whole sea instead of the diamond he caught by accident.

When will you stop making noise?

When you start acting like a Mate. I'm here to claim my partner. Why are you here?

You took over and dragged me out here.

Errrrr wrong. Because your instincts brought you here. I'm around more because you obviously don't know how to handle yourself. I must remind you of your morals and of your demon needs.

So why do you want her. Just let her go so I can find a way to and I'll find another mate..

You will never get over your mate. You know this.

Disappear.

So damn chatty tonight. More than ever I just want peace and quiet. In my mind and my surroundings.

I watched her run backstage with her friend.

Looks as if she's dancing. For other's this time.

I ignored the low comment.

Thirty minutes pass and I'm on my third drink thinking she saw me and left through the back. Until the lights went out and huge blacklights came on. It turned everything around me neon giving glow in the dark feels.

The purple everywhere almost satisfied me.. until I smelled my precious Elizabeth behind the curtain.

I watched, my mind seeing the curtain rise in slow motion as Elizabeth stepped onto the stage. Music blasted and the crowd roared once they caught a glimpse of Princess.

She swayed her hips from left to right along with the beat of the erotic song. She had the crowd mesmerized and instantly jealousy pinged through me.

All of these men want her.

My body finally allowed me to stand up and turn away. Walking out of that crowded club. The palace had it's Princess back.

There's nothing I could do about it.

Elizabeth~

I saw him. Just as the curtain was beginning to close again he had walked out of the club. Of course he came with.

I took in the view after bowing at the end of my song. It was a magical scene, everyone on the dancefloor glowed and sparkled with me. I've missed this.

I walked off the stage and into the back room to find Vic sitting down with her other dancers. "Princesss you were phenomenal. I still don't get how you gained more of a following than I. Even after all this time. How was it?" She asked followed by her giggling.

"Actually... I'm not saying at the moment but soon I'd love to come back if you'd have me." I said
She smiled proudly "why else did you think I had that dress huh?" Now smirking.

"I guess that's a yes?" I asked and she replied with a squeal "of course! The position had never been filled for a reason!"

Just like that I had my job back.

I smiled at her sweetly "thank you Vic. For everything... I just feel like I need to go home now though because this liquor is really getting to me."

We laughed together. "Alright I'll take you home."

Timeskip~ Home Sweet Home

I walked through the living room, kicking off my heels in the process and heading upstairs to my own bedroom.

After a shower and some pampering I finally let my first day back come to a close.

Or so I had thought.

I plopped onto my own bed not bothering with the covers. My eyes shut instantly but my body wouldn't relax. I was anxious for some reason.

Until I felt hands inch from my bare thighs to the curves of my waist. It had startled me at first but subconsciously I knew there was only one person my guard would be this low for.

I didn't have the energy this time though. I just wanted to sleep.

"You were stunning out there tonight." He whispered against my skin in a lusty tone. My body shivered beneath him in response "but you need to remember something. You are mine until the end of our contract whether you are with us or not. Maybe even passed that. You are Mine. Every inch of this beautiful body is mine."

I slowly opened my eyes to see his bright golden hair in the dark. His eyes blended with the night and his aura felt sinister. The longer I was under him the more I felt his heart pound against me.

I was not giving in. This just didn't feel real to me anymore.

"I'll claim you, Elizabeth." His lips gently pressed against mine. I could tell he was holding everything he wanted to say in but when he backed away I finally was able to give him a piece of me to take with him.

"I'm finished with you. The same way you need to be finished with me. If I'm nothing more than an employee to you then go hire someone else. I have no mate I'm human, Meliodas. Unlike you. You're just a spoiled Demon Prince who wants his way with everyone. Including me. Now go. Disappear from here and just go to Camelot already."

He looked hurt. Crushed even? But Why. Why now?

"When I come back from Camelot.. I'll be back for you." As if he ignored my spiel. "Goodbye." I pushed him off and forced him out.

Now he can be gone. For good.