Chapter TwentyNine

Meliodas~

The harsh rays of the morning sun forced my eyes open. My heart beats were going a mile a minute and the palms of my hands were sweating.

This was going to be a long morning.

I showered and dressed for the day with my demon side on my mind. Literally.

Instinct is telling you not to dig into Eliza.
You know, you've been so quiet recently. If researching all of this is getting you to shut the hell up I'm not sure I want to stop.

Figures.
You want to know too.

Unlike you, I remember everything. You aren't supposed to.
Now that sounds fair.

It will be when you find out.
Dismiss yourself for the day. Thanks.

Dealing with myself is more of a chore than it is dealing with Ban.

I soon made my way down to greet the others. Elizabeth already sat with them. "Mornin Cap'n~" Ban started which was followed by everyone else.

"Good Morning Meliodas.." my sweet Ellie said last, perking me up a bit. "Good morning everyone. And to you Elizabeth" I kissed her forehead and grabbed myself a cup of tea.

"Alright so today I actually need the gang to make their way with me to meet Zeldy at the Castle. Says he has a surprise so I want everyone accounted for." I grabbed the mail on the table and began sorting through it.

"Has anyone seen Arthur?" Elizabeth asked. I still hate hearing that name come from her. "He's in Camelot. Merlin keeps in touch for us but right now he's rebuilding his kingdom from all the choas the commandments left behind." Elaine answered graciously.

"Speaking of Merlin." I interrupted. "She's ready for the two of you." Escanor chimed in before I asked. "Thanks. Everyone is to be ready at 2."

Elizabeth stood up and took my hand to lead the way towards Merlin's lab. The closer we got the more anxious I felt.

What was I anxious about exactly?

"Have a seat. Theres a lot we need to discuss." Merlin made sure to lock the doors behind us while we got comfortable.

"Yo. What's up?" I say casually even though I feel like I may just throw up.

"Turns out this lady is more special than we realize." Her gaze kept on Elizabeth.

"Four thousand years ago there was a kingdom just north of the Demon Realm where a race called Celetials resided. This kingdom contained children who could wield both dark and light powers. In time the kingdom became the neutralizer between the Goddess and Demon realm.

About two thousand years ago the Celestial Queen gave birth to a powerful princess who was known as Eliza Valentine." She paused to take a deep breath before continuing.

"Eliza was born in a realm that preached peace and equality. This is the first race that had the two devine powers living in harmony which to the humans was proof that peace could prevail. The Goddess kingdom, on the other hand, believed the demons to be nothing but evil solely based on the darkness they carried. The Demon Kingdom seemed to keep to themselves for the majority of the time until a mass murder occurred."