Chapter Twentytwo.

Meliodas~

She's Precious Existence

Elizabeth was glowing.. the natural rays of the sun highlighted her like a beacon at midnight. I've never even seen her this content before either.

I mean we've laughed, argued, cried but never this.. I couldn't take my eyes off of her radiance.

Ellie's eyes opened slowly and her head turned to look at me. Her blue eye more crystal and her goddess eye richer in color.

Fuck.

She looked perfect. "Elizabeth." Smiling, I walked closer to the Princess and pulled her towards me. "Y-yes?" Her blush makes her even more...

Worthy..
That's not what I was going to say.

I don't care. I have never seen another being so worthy of me.
She likes me way more.

Nope.

I growled in frustration, forgetting that I was even talking. "M-Meliodas?"

"Sorry about that.. I argue with myself  a lot. I just wanted to tell you how beautiful you look." Her face turned scarlet.

"Thank You." Our eyes connected. She looked like she was studying mine. "You have the most amazing emerald eyes.. and in this light they look like... gems"

I smiled as her hand touched my face. "Mm.. thanks Ellie. You wanna swim?"

She grinned as she nodded her head "yes yes yes! Can you unzip this thing?" I chuckled, her enthusiasm made me happy.

After we both struggled to get the many layers off of us we ran towards the sea.

"Hey can I ask you something?" She turned to face me once we were chest deep in the water. "Sure. Anything" I say in a less serious tone.

"I wanted to know what changed you?" My face scrunched. What changed me? "I'm gonna have to ask yah to explain" I chuckled.

She smiled with a sweet giggle. "When we started.. we said a relationship was off limits.. but I fell anyways. What changed you?" She asked again.

I was falling for her from the start... and she never truly knew. "Everything I've said to you in private since the first night we really talked was real. I meant it. I just couldn't even dream of settling down. I felt like I needed to stay the same to make sure I please my dad but I couldn't give two shits about him now that I know for sure I'm ready for you. Even if I have to take the crown instead.. leave my old life to Zeldris. The one job I had studied for my whole life just so I wouldn't become king."

I sighed and rubbed my head. "Why didn't you want the crown?" She asked calmly.

"Being King sounded like too much for me. I liked business, parties and sex I never found anyone for myself to change that. Dad once told me he didn't want to become King either.. so he started his monopoly.. he made me a deal that once I turned 21 I could take over and he would train Zeldris in becoming king. But it didn't turn out that way. Instead the commandments went rouge and I met you.." she smiled at me. That smile always made my heart jitter in a way I've never felt elsewhere.

"So now... instead of parties you would rather be a prince..?" I hadn't realize how close she had gotten to me.

"It was two weeks ago I found out you were a true Princess.. that nickname wasn't just for show.. I wanted to know if being a prince would feel different with you around. It was a lonely time for me. I spent the days training with Chandler and the nights staring at the skies. When I turned 16 my father sent me off to fight his battles.. and when I failed he'd really 'talk sense' into me. I had no friends and a brother who could basically be what he wanted. If being a Prince now would mean having fun with you then... I'll do it. I want to know what it's like falling in love with you now."

Her forehead pressed against mine and her eyes were closed. "Meliodas.. we are two very different people.. but if becoming a princess means I can grow with you then I'll do it too."

She is a completely different Elizabeth now. No longer innocent and fragile..

"Elizabeth I am going to court you the proper way. At least in public. Until you accept me as your mate."

Good job buddy.
Shut up.

"Show me that you're committed and you might just fit the description." She laughed.

I lifted her by the thighs, making her wrap her legs around my body. Her arms slowly snaked their way around my neck as one of my arms wrapped around her small waist.

Elizabeth is my favorite scent... each time I inhale I feel more and more comfortable with my surroundings.

Everything is okay when I hold her. She's safe. I'm safe.

Yeah... I am.

~King Drakon~

"Bella.. are you sure she's the one?"

"Of course. Don't you see it when she looks at Meliodas? He's found his mate. The Supreme Diety's daughter and the Demon Realm's heir will mate and a new world will come to existence. One ruled in harmony by them. I say we make sure this goes smoothly." She smiled at me.

Our son. That Diety's daughter..
The prophecy couldn't have been more correct. Darkness and light will unite for the first time in Britannia history. How revolting.

"Bella honestly Meliodas should be with a lady of his own race. Like you and I."

"Need I remind you that before this happened to me I was appointed her guardian. You fell in love with an angel who lost her wings. Having Meliodas turned me into a demon. Do not underestimate the sacrifice I have made for you."

Oh yeah. Of course she'd use that. "Fine my lady. Elizabeth Liones is now protected by the royal demon family. Her mother is still Diety trash."

She groaned and rolled her eyes. "You need to be more polite."

Meliodas I know why you fell for that Goddess. Despite my efforts in making you untouchable to them.

"Well dear I'll be packing for our trip to the Goddess realm!" She smiled excitedly and picked up her dress. "You better be in a nice mood for dinner."

She makes me laugh everytime she orders me around.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Rubi♡

Can't wait to hear from you all!
Talk soon~

✌🏼