Chapter Fifteen.

One Month Later.

Elizabeth~

I sat in front of Ren, a tall chocolate haired man with bright hazel eyes

I sat in front of Ren, a tall chocolate haired man with bright hazel eyes. He had asked me out six times this week and I figured I may as well say yes.

He was a partner and the son of a man who founded Angel Corp. One of the Goddess Realms many businesses. He came into the club one night and since then has been back every night.

He was charming and knew what a woman wanted. "You know you look like you belong in the Goddess Realm." He smiled as his eyes stayed connected to mine.

"I've heard. Thank you. I appreciate the compliment. So.. why me?" I questioned him.

"What do you mean? I'm sure any man would love to court you." He replied while straightening himself in his seat.

I smirked and nodded "you'd be surprised. I'm not gonna lie I was hesitant on coming. I can't promise anything because I still need to work on myself but I don't mind going on more dates with you. We can see where it goes but this needs to be taken slowly. I love way too hard." I clarified.

For the most part this month I've stayed away from guys. Vic gives me all the hours I want so I've just been working and enjoying time with the girls. Dancing wasn't the only therapeutic thing I had now.

"Elizabeth. I want to make this as clear as can be. If you and I do this there will never be anyone else, I'm courting you and only you. No games no lies no secrets. I give you my word." His face stern and serious.

And I blushed? The heat in my face just rising terribly. This is the first time I've ever heard someone say this to me. I smiled sweetly and giggled. "Okay. Then you can have your shot with me but just know I'm no pushover."

"Oh I know" he laughed which made me laugh with him. I had changed since... the prince.. I didn't mean to but It was necessary.

This has been the worst internal war I have ever fought.

We joked around for the first half of the date but the second half we started to really talk about our lives and where we wanted to go from here.

"Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" He asked after telling me he wanted to be married by then with kids.

"In my prime. Going on adventures and traveling the earth." I was always in the same places. I've seen the same things a million times and I secretly longed to see something different.

"Ah so you love the excitement of adventure. I admire that. I was born into business so I was always made to follow my father's footsteps. I never thought about seeing the world."

"You really should. At least before you settle completely." I responded with a smile.

His defined features made him look angelic, where he was from really fit the description. How did I go from a demon to an angel?

After another hour and a half he took me home so I could ready myself for work.

Meliodas~

I watched as Ban made a fool of himself with King. Gowther sat with Merlin discussing a book they read while Escanor and Arthur sparred outside.

We had built a tavern on the outskirts of Liones as a moving base for the sins. Merlin was able to shrink the tavern whenever she pleased which made everything easier.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of Elizabeth.

In Camelot we were able to secure Arthur's holy sword as well as capture 5 of the 10 commandments. Still leaving us with 5 more to track down, one of them lived here as a double agent for the demon clans worst gang as well as the goddess clans. He was said to be the most powerful of them all which narrows it down to only one person. Estarossa.

Finding ourselves right back in Elizabeth's hometown. He had been attending Merlin's old club faithfully for the past two weeks which was way too close to the beauty I'm so fond of.

I've tried to forget about that woman. But she was different just as my other half had said. I knew I needed to make things right with her while I was here again.

"Oi Cap'n King just got a message from the fairy realm. One of the commandments have been spotted infiltrating his office at Harlequin Industries."

I rolled my eyes. They have been after choas and already figured out about the different relics that open the door for this indescribable power. Relics that Merlin had kept a secret from even the sins. So far 3 remained separated from each other in Liones, the Fairy Forest and the Demon Castle. The last relic being the sword which was the last key to opening said door.

"You and king go. Take diane and Elaine. Gowther and Merlin take Escanor and Arthur to the demon realm and request an audience with my father immediately. He should be back at the castle by now. Tell Zeldris I sent you."
I commanded.

"I on the other hand will take care of the double agent."

Its unhealthy of me to be doing this. In reality Merlin should be here but I needed to be the one.

"Aye Captain."

What was going to happen when she sees me? The last I could remember I was walking out of her home and back to the sins.

Since she left my demon side hasn't deactivated but I could control myself again. The fight with the commandments forced me into reason. I needed to protect what we worked for and I couldn't do that arguing with myself constantly.

Being alone though after months of having a companion opened my eyes more. It helped when Merlin, Diane and Elaine beat some sense into me too.

After we all readied ourselves we parted ways. Wishing one another luck in our missions and promising to meet back up here at the tavern once all was complete.

I made my way towards the Palace club where I would once again meet the face of a human Goddess.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Rubi♡
I wanted to clarify the whole gang thing.

In this world these gangs work for the founders of major businesses trading real war for devastating battles within the kingdoms of Britannia. The more territory they claim through the battles, the more land to build up their Monopolies. The demon realms being the largest in the kingdoms of Britannia. The Goddesses coming second.

The 10 commandments have grown tired of this new world and seek a power to destroy the kingdoms to rebuild the land as one kingdom. Bringing back a solo tyrant leader would force these somewhat peaceful times into the dark ages where war would once thrive again.

Since the demon realm is the only place that still keeps most of their tradition these Demons are extremists and want all of the world to live the way they do.

Allowing zero room for growth really.

Since I haven't given much background on the enemy I wanted to give you a sneak peek into my ultimate plan. At the same time I need to build Ellie and Meliodas' relationship so that she can ultimately join the fight against the remaining 5.

Thanks for sticking with me!!