Chapter Ten.

I opened my eyes slowly as the sunlight leaked through the cabin blinds. I was laying on the bed Meliodas had made on the floor with him asleep next to me. The blanket only partly covering him, revealing his bare body underneath.

He was naked..
My eyes widened and I looked down at myself to see my exposed breasts, my cheeks instantly burning bright red.

What had happened last night? Oh goddesses.. everything happened last night.

Let's rewind for a second while I process this.

Elizabeth~ Hours Prior

"We're going to have one hell of a night, Elizabeth"

I sipped on the wine as we spoke about anything that came to our minds, asking each other questions to know more about one another. Meliodas had put on music to help ease the silence when it was presented.

"Tell me how you ended up as a dancer... you're beautiful and young, talented too. You could've been a real actor if you wanted." He questioned, taking a bite of his chocolate covered strawberry after.

"I was orphaned at a seriously young age. The moment I could I worked to help get me out of those foster homes. I was adopted but ultimately chose to live alone. I'd rather not burden others and besides... I'd rather just dance my sorrows away and step into a different character each night. That's what the club gave me."

He nodded. His eyes watched my lips intensely as I spoke. "You honestly loved it there?" Quizzing me once more. "Yeah. The girls were my friends and family in the end. But the men.. sometimes it wasn't the best."

"You're strong. For going through so much but still being who you are." He complimented me with his amazing smile.

"What about you? You dont seem to talk about your family much.. I know Zeldris just because he comes and goes with his girlfriend." I decided to ask. I wanted to know as much as I could while I had the chance to.

"Zeldy and I have always been close.. my father on the other hand hasn't been the best man. He treats Zeldris as he should but me? I'm the tough guy, the warrior, the one to take over after. Being the heir has brought me a lot of pain"

I reached out to him, my hand now rubbing the back of his neck. "You're not just the next heir. When you're with your friends everything changes and I get to see who you really are. I like knowing you're not as cold as the world perceives you to be. To me you're just Meli..."

He chuckled.

"Elizabeth.. I wish I could dump everything I've ever worked for just to spend an eternity next to you.. but I can't." He pulled me to my feet, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Dance with me?"

I smiled and nodded as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Don't forget to take care of you and what you need in life. Love included. If you find the right person it'll hurt losing them."

His eyes glistened as he listened to me. "You really are something else huh?" He laughed with me.

We danced.. for what felt like could be forever at the time. Until he lifted my chin, his lips finally meeting mine.

The feeling was electrifying.

My mistake tonight though.. was what came next.

The kiss heated up more, he lifted me up and walked towards the blankets in front of the fire. With each step an article of clothing fell onto the floor until he laid my body down.

Elizabeth~ Present

I can still feel him all over me. Kissing me and caressing me. Every touch drove my senses wild. Never has anyone made me feel so good before I almost didn't know how to comprehend it still.

I can still see images of him hovering over me.. of me on top of him.. and of us having our way in every way we knew. All night, multiple times.

My cheeks just couldn't calm down. I was mentally freaking out now.

How am I going to recover from this?

I'm going to want him all the damn time.

This is our place now huh?

No Elizabeth. He's a bad, bad boy.

He sure is bad isn't he...

"Ugh" I facepalmed. I wonder how I'll ever let Arthur in now. If I was crazy I'd say he did this on purpose. Force me to want him to keep everyone else out. Yet he won't let me in.

I hate men.

"Mornin' Princess" I heard him mumble next to me. "O-oh G-Good Morning M-Meliodas"

He laughed and stretched. "What's wrong? You seem.... flustered." His smirk wide and smug. "I am not! I was  just thinking of pancakes. It made me hot" I blinked a couple of times.

I'm so dumb.

"Sate. Sate. Sate." He sat up. "You look gorgeous when you wake up. Have I ever told you that?"

"W-what?" I replied almost embarrassed. "You heard me." Meliodas pecked my lips and stood, dressing himself.

"So.. now.. we pretend like nothing happened..?" I asked him. It stung a little already. "No.. we don't forget. We just continue on.. but I won't forget last night. I never could."

The heat on my cheeks overwhelmed me. "For now.. we have to head back home to meet up with Merlin." I instantly snapped back into reality.

Today we would be making plans to leave with the sins.