Chapter TwentyEight

Elizabeth~

I was terrified.

"Elizabeth, ever since we spoke with your mom I've been getting these weird visions of us in my head. I'm not too sure what is going on really.. I just know that they feel like memories being tugged to the surface."

Memories of us?

"We need to go to Merlin. Maybe she can help with your eyes." I nodded my head in silence and shortly we were in Merlin's Lab.

"Princess.. take a seat. Meliodas why don't you give us some space. I'm going to run some tests on her and don't worry I'll tell you everything I find out."

I felt even more terrified at the thought of miss Merlin running her weird tests on me but it needed to be done. After Meliodas left the room she began to draw my blood.

My mind couldn't stop asking a million and one questions.

Why were my eyes red instead of blue? How come my Triskele won't stop glowing? What does Meliodas' memories mean? Are they true memories of us? Am I not who we thought I was again?

Is this why I felt weird around my mother....?

"So tell me princess... have you had any visions like the Captain?" Merlin asks me as she put the vials of blood to spin.

"No... I've been fixated on the thought my mother could be a fraud. That's the only real thing I've been feeling off about." She nodded and sighed lowly.

"Ellie.. Meliodas' mating season is nearby. If he's having such strong and vivid visions I believe its because you two have mated before." My brows furrowed.

"This is the first time I've ever met him.. at least that's how I feel." Could it be true?

"It may sound strange but I have a suspicion that the two of you are reincarnates." She began fiddling with a small vial.

"How long did it take you to figure that out?" I asked as she began to put the liquid from the vial into my eyes via eye dropper.

"Two hours. Was the only reasonable explanation for memories that date a thousand years back.." she grabbed a second vial with a milky liquid in it and began putting that on my eyes.

"... would that mean the mother I remember isn't the supreme Diety?" I asked a little worried of her answer.

"Naturally.. but the Diety and Demon King have been around for three thousand years.. normally it is them who issue curses like reincarnation onto someone. In fact those two have got so much history I wouldn't be surprised if they cursed their children to forever be in competition."

If that were the case she wouldn't be influencing our relationship now would she?

"What about my eyes..?" I asked cautiously. "I've only ever seen them once so I need to do my research before I say anything. I should be ready to talk to you both tomorrow so try to stick around until then. You're eyes cleared up for now, if you feel them burning come back so I can give you something stronger."

I smiled and hugged her "thanks Merlin." She never changed... instead of being my boss she's always been my friend.

I left her lab just to have a heart attack once I turned the corner. "Oh fuck.. Meliodas!" I say clearly startled.

"Why are you so quiet you could've given me a heart attack" my voice undeniably sounding annoyed. "Oops. Was gonna come and get you.. your eyes are back to normal for now I see.."

I nodded and pecked his lips. "She's gonna talk to us both tomorrow. But you and I have a lot to talk about so come on."

Meliodas~