Chapter Seventeen.

Reminder ^

Reminder ^

Elizabeth~

I walked up to Meliodas who sat on the steps to my home. He smiled as I approached him but I refused to show any kind of emotion right now. "Hey. Let's go in and get this over with." I say dismissively.

He sighed and followed me into the house. Out of habit I take off my knee high boots and sit on the couch. Once he joined me I turned myself to face him.

"In Camelot we found out that all 5 of the commandments had gathered in Arthur's throne room for his holy sword. We got there just in time and after we beat them we figured out that they were now after the relics of choas." He started

"Merlin was able to pinpoint the locations of the remaining 5 members. One of them being here in liones. The most powerful demon currently in the gang and he's been hanging out around the Palace. I decided to take him on myself while the others go after the last remaining commandments."

I watched him explain. His eyes finally the emerald color I use to love. They sparkle differently than before.
The more I looked at him the worse I felt about Ren. Ditching him just to get answers from Meliodas. Even after he asked to court me.

"Elizabeth I know it is not my place but I need your help. Not as.. my fake girlfriend but as the sin of innocence."

Sin of Innocence? The others really had given me a sin.. "why is innocence mine?" I dared to ask.

He chuckled "it wasn't your fault you left.. but you still abandoned them. After that Ban gave you innocence."

I frowned. Diane, Elaine, Ban.. Merlin, Gowther and Escanor. I missed them all I just hadn't thought about it much. "All of their friendships are dear to me.. I miss them a lot I just needed to stay away."

He nodded in understanding before staring down at his hands. "You don't have to forgive me. I just wanna apologize to you. You were right the very first time you asked me if I had feelings and I never told you the truth. I'm crazy for you. The only woman I've ever fallen for despite my own wants and selfishness. You made me a better person and the sins will never let me live that down."

I felt love for him still. In fact I've never fallen out of love with him. I was just purely attached to his existence which wasn't healthy. It's that reason that I'm hesitating.

"I told myself I would never fall head over heels in love with someone again. You're the reason I had forgotten who I was. Living two different lives with someone you truly adore kills you Meliodas. One minute you loved me the next minute I was absolute garbage. You had my pride and dignity in the palms of your hands. I NEVER want to feel powerless again." I hadn't realized the tears involuntarily falling from my eyes.

"How can I ever love someone who broke me down huh? Tell me that Meli because I'm.. tired." I took a deep breath trying to regain my composure.

"You don't. Don't love me Elizabeth. Instead just let me love you for a while. Don't even trust me anymore just let me earn you. I know you want me as much as I want you."

I shook my head and buried my face in my hands. "El..Ellie.. I just want you to come home... I just need you to come home and join the team again. We miss you, I miss you, you miss them.." he trails off suddenly which causes me to look up at him.

He sat there biting his lip, staring at the tears falling down my face. "Its selfish of me to put that on you. So.. what do you say about helping out this time.. and deciding later who you want your family to be."

I wiped my face and nodded slowly "I'll help you find this guy. Not because you asked but because I want to keep the people here safe. Including myself. I won't give you any answers until I'm ready."

"Okay." He agreed before asking me about Ren. "Who.. is he?"

I looked away and sighed. "Earlier today we were on a date and he asked to court me. And I would have said yes if I wasn't so messed up. It wouldn't be fair to put my baggage on him. So we're dating.. for now."

It was his turn to look away now. "Wow. The asshole was right.." he seemed to say to himself.

"What?" I ask to get him to clarify his thoughts. "The demon half of me.. the real me, seems to believe you're the only woman for me. So I can't mate with anyone but you.. told me I'd lost you. I tried not to care but sitting here and listening to you say that hurt a lot more than I imagined."

I glanced over to him. "Mate..?" He nodded in response and stood up entirely disappointed in himself.

"I.. should get going. I'll be back in the morning." I bit down on the corner of my lip and stood up with him. "I'll walk you out.."

I opened the door for him and walked out onto the patio, he faced me. "You have some sweet dreams tonight Elizabeth.." stepping closer. I smiled for the first time genuinely in a month. His emerald orbs concentrated on my sky blue ones.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. "I did miss you too Meliodas. Not just them." I whispered into his ear. I felt him smile as his arms wrapped around my small frame.

"I don't deserve to hear that yet.. but I'll be able to sleep for once.." he took a deep breath and inhaled my scent.. like he always did when we were this close. He just seemed more intimate than he has before..

Hesitantly we separated. He smiled again at me, his forehead on mine.

"Goodnight Elizabeth."

"Goodnight Meliodas."

He was gone as quick as he came. Leaving me there to battle with my own thoughts.