Chapter TwentyOne.

Elizabeth~

I woke up next to a sleeping Meliodas. I had almost forgotten how I got here in the first place but of course it all came back to me. The fighting.. my mom.. the bath last night..

Meliodas' eyes opened. "Goodmorning Elizabeth. You alright?" He asked while checking my injuries.

"Yes.. took me long for a Goddess.  But I'm healed!" Memories from back when I was with my mother flooded through my dreams. Missing family I've never remembered is such a foreign feeling, especially when that feeling is for your birth mother.

I couldn't wait for Meliodas to take me to see her. To have a mother of my own again would be one of the most fulfilling but no matter what home will always be with him.

"Wow Elizabeth I almost wonder what it would have been like meeting you as a goddess instead of human." He smirked at me like the thought of it entertained him.

"Meliodas.. you said we needed to see the demon King right? Does that mean... I'll get to see where you came from?" I smiled at him, my arms wrapping around his neck.

"Of course. You'll be introduced as the Diety Princess so there won't be any mention of us.. but don't think I won't be all over you like normal."

I laughed at his goofy character. "Well.. then I guess I should get dressed huh?" I smiled, looking at my PJs. Meliodas dressed me after he helped me out of the bath last night. It just took some rest after to get me up and going again.

I readied myself in one of the outfits on my old side of the closet

I readied myself in one of the outfits on my old side of the closet. I figured this one would be appropriate enough. Meliodas dressed himself in a black tux, it takes me back to old times.

"Ready Ellie?" His smile brightened the room and my own mood. "Yes.."

We walked out of the room and down stairs together. "Captain, shall I attend as well?" Merlin questioned while I stopped in the fridge for strawberries.

"No. This needs to be a family thing. Until I get back I need you to tell the rest of the sins about the 3 month training island. Elizabeth and I will be gone pretty much all day so have a meeting and just relax for the day."

"Will do, enjoy the day with your father" she smirked while Meliodas replied with an eye roll.

He led me outside where he activated his wings of darkness. His arms wrapped around my frame and we bolted towards the sky.

Timeskip~

A fairly long time later we arrived at the Castle gate. "Cusack, it's Meliodas." He spoke into the little speaker on the electric keypad and in a blink of an eye the large twin gates opened up.

We were met by two servants. One named Cusack and the other Chandler.

"I've got to say my Prince it is great to have you back" Chandler says extremely excited to see Meliodas. "Chandler I won't be back for too long. I have to take this lovely lady to the Supreme Diety." He explained.

"Oooh so this is the Goddess everyone in the castle has been buzzing about. Now listen here Prince, you won't be shacking up with the lady will you?" Chandler whispered over to Meliodas.

"I will say this one time and one time only. My relationship status is none of your concern but since you're so adamant on knowing everything just know I plan to claim this woman as my own." He spoke rather nonchalantly for saying something like that so loudly.

I haven't even agreed yet to dating him.. but who am I kidding.. I'd probably take him now if he wanted. That's just not the way I want it to happen. Everything needs to be on my terms this time.

We walked into the throne room. The Demon King sat proudly in front of us, conversing with his queen casually. Not even noticing us coming closer.

Meliodas cleared his throat. "Welcome back home Meliodas." The two said in unison. "Mmh. Thanks. I came here to introduce you to Elizabeth Liones. The Supreme Dietys daughter." His charming smile was wide and contagious.

"Well... isn't she a beautiful young princess !" His mom enthusiastically walked over to me and wrapped her arms around me. "So you're the lady that's stolen my baby's heart huh?" She whispered.

My cheeks instantly flushed.
"Then I guess this means a new peace treaty between us demons and you Goddesses" his father gave me a warm smile but Meliodas' face was blank.

"My mother is actually having a ball in honor of my return. I was hoping you two would attend." The two glanced at each other briefly. "Of course. Leave the information with Meliodas and we will be sure to attend." His father responded.

I bowed my head in respect and smiled at them as big as I could "thank you so much"

"We leave tomorrow at noon. As for the ball I'll make sure to tell you the information. For now I'd love to show Elizabeth around so I'll see you guys at dinner?" Meliodas wrapped his arm around my waist and began pulling me out of the room.

"You okay?" I asked once away. "Dad's presence tends to make me sick. I've been through a lot because of him and now I run his life's legacy... I'll show you all about it soon.." he stared ahead of us, not even a glance my way.

Something must have hurt him badly.. his life is such a mystery to me.. yet I find him so enticing.

"Would you like to see where I spent the majority of my free time?"

I looked up at him, the both of us grinning with a wild fire burning in our eyes.

"Yes, of course I do Meliodas."

Timeskip~

He showed me his kingdom along the way. The Demon Realm was beyond beautiful it took me by surprise being nothing like the hellish place everyone refers it to be.

The trees bloomed crimson leaves instead of green, on a clear day the colors of the sky varied from a breathtaking blue to a muted purple depending on the time. The outstanding wildflowers spread around every corner and the air felt... clean? As if it had been purified to perfection.

I would have never guessed it.

We arrived at a secluded beach a little ways away from the castle. The white sand was complimented by pinkish blue bioluminescent waves that crashed rather gracefully against the shore. Besides the occasional couple it was practically vacant.

I needed to just take in what I was seeing. For one moment I was in paradise.
◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Rubi♡

This is the kind of peace I'm longing for too right now.

I hope everyone is okay, mentally and spiritually during these times.

Thanks For Reading Gems!