Chapter 30

Corinne

"Bright yellow?"

Awtomatikong napasimangot si Aria. Siguro akala nya pinagtatawanan ko sya. Well, sort of. Who would even say that their favorite color is bright yellow? No one. Literally no one.

"What's yours?" She checked the paper. "Pink?"

I gave her a sweet smile.

"Pink?" She says again, louder this time na para bang yun na yung greatest joke na narinig nya na hindi nakakatawa. "Can't you get any more predictable?"

"Kesa naman bright yellow. Yucks! Literally, Aria. As in, sino may gusto ng bright yellow? Ikaw lang." Tapos tumawa pa ko ng malakas para mapikon sya lalo.

"It's okay." Kaswal na sabi nya. "Atleast, wala masyadong kaagaw sa kulay. Those who can't appreciate the brightness of that color, can't even picture vibrant shades. The brighter side, the lighter ones."

"Oops, someone's offended." Pabirong binato ko sya ng Pistachio nuts na kinakain namin habang nakaupo sa buhanginan.

We were infront of a beach. There's no other people in the villa, just the two of us. Right now, di pa din nga ako makapaniwala that she can even put up a bonfire. Dati kasi, I'm picturing her as a spoiled brat bitch. Masungit, mataray, perfectionist, aloof.

But now, she's taking off her guard on me. All I could see is how sweet and nice of a person she truly is. And I am loving her more and more.

"Seriously, what's with bright yellow?" Kulit ko pa dito.

Pwede naman kasing yellow lang di ba? Bakit kailangan pang i.classify na bright color.

"Nung bata pa kasi kami, we had an incident, me and the rest of the team."

"Grant and the other girls?"

Tumango ito.

"You see, magkakaklase kami cause we are all in the same age, siguro nung gumawa ng anak yung mga magulang namin, nagkasundo sila to conceive on the same year." Pabirong sabi ni Aria.

"What happened?"

"We were all stucked in the school bus on our fieldtrip. You see, we were supposed to be with our parents, pero we were just all accompanied with our nannies."

I can't help but to felt the same way. I lost my parents at an early age. Aria, just the same, hasn't spend most of her childhood with her parents too. Maybe her parents were too busy with their businesses. Which makes me wonder what kind of businesses they have.

"It should be just Jen. Being the governor's daughter na nangangampanya that time,Sya lang yung target. But since, the bus is loaded with kids that worth millions, lahat kami kinuha na din. We were locked up in a room in three days. We heard nothing from the outside. We weren't even mistreated. The food is sufficient and decent atleast. We don't know what's going on. Pero when we first got out of that room, the first thing I saw is the bright sun. Radiating yellow."

I could feel the overwhelming feeling from Aria.

" E ikaw bakit pink?" She asked.

" I don't know. Siguro kasi usual sa batang babae yung color pink. The color of sweetness. "

"It reminds me of cotton candy. " Pabirong sabi nito. "Ate Louella always buys me cotton candies after that incident."

"Oh, wait." Naalala ko yung binilhan nya ko ng cotton candy nun sa park.

"You ask me to buy you a blue one." Paalala naman ni Aria.

"Oh yeah. I did. Mas masarap kasi bubblegum flavored instead dun sa sweet pink na lasang pure sugar."