Chapter one

© All Rights Reserved

Harley

"Mom !mom look at my pweedy dwess ,"
"Mom , she's wearing my robe !"
"Mom I made the team !"
"Mom ! Mom ! " 

Beep beep beep beep beep ! The deafening sound of my alarm  sounding ,  with a groan I pulled my cellphone under the pillow , the clock read 07 : 35  . I looked around my bedroom  , searching for the faces behind the sweet voices I heard but nothing .

I turned to my left side where the lamp was situated ,  I flicked on the switch and scanned the room but it was empty then realisation dawned  to me , it was a dream . I dreamt  about the children from the orphanage  , children from all ages calling me mom  .

Hot tears threatened  to spill . I couldn't afford to lose this deal and fail all those children out there who are suffering and waiting on their last glimpse of hope  for someone to come rescue them and take a chance on them .

I swallowed the bitter taste of negativity and stepped out of bed , I walked into my bathroom where I was  welcomed by my body fragrance   'lavender ' . I washed my face with cold water then brushed  my teeth  , I smiled at a distant memory . I used to wear braces , I had trouble brushing my teeth . I walked  into the shower and let the hot water relax my muscles for a minute before washing my body . Minutes into the session I found  myself softly singing.

"So I got this feeling  , you and I need a moment,  I want you to love me baby , make me know it  , come and show me , let me satisfy you tonight , "  I stopped when my mind began to  fantasize about a particular dark handsome man  .

I turned  off the water and wrapped myself in a robe and walked  to my closet  . This was my second chance at this deal . I had to call  Mark Vance and explain to him why I didn't show up for the pitch , he was not happy but after I told him about my encounter with a certain man that almost stole my virtue , he quickly brushed it off and asked me if I wanted to reschedule this pitch but I told him I would manage  .

He said I was lucky because a major sponsor had an emergency to take care of . I decided on a navy  stripped business suit , the pants  fitted me  like a glove and the matching jacket with six buttons and a white shirt  with white  three inch heels . I wet my hair a little bit so it would curl .

I sat down and  did my make up , my brows were freshly trimmed and shaped , I applied mascara and  some foundation and  added blush on my cheeks , last but not least  , lipstick . I firstly applied the lip liner before applying the nude lipstick  .

My lips looked  full . I applauded myself for my work . I checked the time again ,   08 :15  , good I still had time for breakfast  .

I descended the staircase and walked past a whistling Anne , " Yes my darling's  going full commando on them today , "  I laughed at her comment  and entered the bright kitchen . The kitchen was open spaced  , wooden floors , pink cabinets all around , black double door Samsung fridge and a countertop in the center of the room with the stove in the  right corner  and we had a glass table on the left corner  . Anne chose the kitchen designs and appliances.

I opened the fridge  and took  out the fresh  milk , I walked to the breakfast side of the cabinet and took out cereals, I opened the lower cabinet and took  out a bowl and opened the first drawer and took out a spoon  .

I poured the cereal  in , then poured the milk and I quickly said grace before munching down the cold cereal . Anne walked in and took my bowl and grabbed my spoon , not bothering to rinse it and ate my breakfast  . I shot her a glare but she shrugged , "what ? You'll ruin your lipstick  , now go ,"  she always did  this when she was lazy to make  her own breakfast .