Chapter 3

Once Selene was done saying her goodbyes to her grandmother. Did she stand up and walk inside of the now ruined cottage, the smell of must and mold hung heavily in the air, part of the roof was caved in and the floor was weak and old. Easy to tell that this place had been abandoned for over a century. "And now all that remains of a once beautiful Town now lies in ruins." With a sigh she looked around one last time before she walked out and took a shortcut back to where she had left Raven, a sudden nagging feeling appeared in her gut and she knew, she just knew it had to do with a certain Witcher.

    "Damn it Geralt, I swear if you're hurt I am going to kick your ass seven ways to hell and back." She growled as she mounted her horse and urged raven into a run. She had wanted to go further into her home, but with what she felt she knew it would have to wait for another time. Urging her companion to go faster, Selene realized that the pull was ironically close, to to close but close enough that she knew she would get there before anything horrible could occur.

      As she got closer she could hear the clashing of steel and found herself cursing as she urged raven to suddenly stop, dismounting she quickly But surely made her way towards the sounds. "You things are fucking annoying, since when do Water hag's team up?" Selene raised a single eyebrow before she felt her eyes narrow, sure enough there were three water hags and multiple drowners in the same area.

    Instead of coming out of hiding right away, Selene decided to watch and see what exactly was going on, looking around she could already tell that he had killed multiple drowners and a water hag. Which only made her raise both eyebrows. Just what was causing these things to work together, and why is it she's just now seeing them near her hometown? Shaking her head she came out of her thoughts just as one of them blinded Geralt with mud and knocked him backwards causing him to drop his sword.

    With a mumbled curse Selene finally drew her sword and formed the sign for aard as the hag that was now over Geralt was thrown backwards. A few of the drowners looked over to see what had happened when Selene stepped out of the shadows. "Annoying shits." And with that she moved, her feet barely touching the ground as she slashed those closed to Geralt before standing in front of him. "Need help Old man?"

   Geralt blinked at the voice before he cleared his eyes and looked up just in time to see Silver cat-like eyes staring at him, and long black hair that was held back in a long single braid. "Hm, I could use the help but I'm not that old Sel." She snickered. "Coulda fooled me." And with that she quickly helped him to his feet. "We can talk after." And with that she was once again slashing the creatures In half.

   Geralt blinked before he smirked and retrieved his sword. Looking over at the woman now identified as Selene did he realize she had changed, while he couldn't at this moment see everything, he knew something had to have happened, she seemed off yet he knew he could always ask her about it later. With a roll of his eyes he as well joined in the fight. Once it was over did the two finally turn to look at each other.

   Geralt's golden eyes locked onto Selene who hardly seemed like she was out of breath, while he was only slightly winded, then again, he had overdone it slightly. However before he could speak she cut him off. "Been a long time, huh Geralt?"