Chapter 28

Selene and Geralt were now on the deck and each took a stand. "Swords?" Selene shrugged. "Doesn't matter to me, but hand to hand might simply be smarter, we don't need any other casualties after all." Geralt chuckled. "How right you are. So hand to hand it is." She smirked. "Fine, just remember that when I kick your ass you asked for it." "I could say the same to you." Selene rolled her eyes but carefully watched him.

Geralt had learned to observe her attacks, but he's never gone against her hand to hand, and she had the advantage after all. Geralt was taller yes, but she was a bit on the smaller side, she had the swiftness he lacked and she was on flat terrain. While it would be rocky due to the waves, she had enough experience that it wouldn't slow her to much.

Geralt raised an eyebrow. He and Selene both knew that the other would never attack first but he also knew standing around would do nothing. So he cracked his neck and then ran right at her. A mistake on his part. Selene bent backwards just as his fist swung for her face. Golden eyes widened as a slender hand shot up and grabbed his wrist, using his momentum she turned herself quickly and shoved him forward.

"Is that all you got?" Geralt staggered before he caught himself and shot her a dirty look. "Not even close." And with that he ran at her again. However instead of dodging him like the first time Selene allowed the movement of the boat to force her sideways. Quickly using that she got a quick punch into his side. Wincing the man glared at her before he grabbed her arm pulling her forward and kneed her straight in the stomach.

Biting back a grimace Selene shot him a dark look and he gulped. He had completely forgotten that area was still tender. Muscles were still healing underneath and her nerves must be going haywire as the damage was trying to reverse itself. "I'm gonna really hurt you for that one Geralt." "Fuck." And with that Selene moved forward, her body dancing across the boat as she went after him. A quick succession of punches, multiple which hit his stomach. Each one with more force then the last.

Geralt just barely blocked the last set and kicked her backwards making sure he avoided her stomach by aiming more for her ribs. Selene hissed as she went backwards. The rolling of the waves forcing her to lose her center so when Geralt charged a second time hoping to pin her she closed her eyes and without missing a beat turned herself just as his foot went past her. Opening her eyes she quickly dropped to her hands and swung her leg out quickly knocking him on his back.

He hit the floor with a thud, a pained groan slipped past his lips, neither one aware of the audience they had around them. Standing up the silver eyed woman smirked. "Had enough?" Geralt didn't respond so she shrugged and went to walk away. Geralt however chose that moment to stand up. Making his final mistake he ran behind her, hoping to catch her off guard. However the second he extended his right arm Selene finally stopped walking. Ducking down she grabbed his arm and pulled before she shifted and threw him clean over her shoulder. Watching as he crashed into a pile of barrels.

Multiple people gasped and Geralt laid there on the ground dazed and in a hell lot of pain. The second she pulled he felt his arm pop, he was also sure that he had bruising on his ribs as she had used her free hand to not only lift but throw him across the ship. "That....was not...my best idea." She snorted. "No Geralt, it really wasn't. Your arm okay?" He groaned as he sat up and when she looked she almost flinched. "Nope, looks like I might have yanked it out of place a bit." He groaned at this as he finally stood. "Yeah, I think you're right. Help me fix it?"

Selene was already walking over to him though, taking his arm she carefully placed her hand on his back. "Now." He sucked in a breathe of air and held it as she yanked the arm and pushed on his back groaning as he felt it popped back into place. "Fuck that hurt. I thought I would have won this time to be honest though." Selene laughed as she patted his back. "There's always next time Geralt." He looked at her with a raised eyebrow and shrugged. "How's the stomach?" "Sore, but that's to be expected. Besides I returned the favor in kind." He chuckled. "That you did." The two shared a smile before Crach spoke up. "That was impressive. Both of you, I've never seen two Witcher's fight that way. Then again, it's almost even unheard of. However, Skelliga is now within sight. So gather your belongings and I'll see you both on land." And with that he turned and went to get his stuff while Selene and Geralt only looked ahead. Not even 200 yards away was Kaer Trolde, on the isle of Skelliga.