Chapter 37

Selene was waiting near Iorveth's tent for the Two of them to return. She had seen them walk off together while she spoke with one of the others. Normally she would have been worried, but both Geralt and Iorveth knew how to defend themselves. As she looked around the forest she could tell that they had been here a while. Choosing to live as far from human settlements as possible.
     As she sat there she chose to simply close her eyes as she went into a form of meditation. That's when the whispers started. "Enka, o evine sariha." They're coming. A single eyebrow arched itself. Who was coming? The whispers continued to speak this time with urgency. "Rej'va go He'iva! Hestve!" Hurry go back home! Selene continued to listened, wondering why the voice was suddenly rushing her home. "Dola, iv'a etru, selene!" They're comin for you Selene! Who was coming for her?
     "Fe'va akha, mor'M. Find your mother. Now she was baffled. She was already looking for her mother. However the whispers hissed before speaking once more. "Vas'en hev'lu." They're here. That's when Selene felt a chill in the air, she could see frost forming along the ground, and then she saw the skeleton like horses. Silver eyes widened and she quickly stood up. Watching as those closed to the frost began to run. "No..." one of the members of the Wild Hunt had dismounted their horse and went to attack. "Give us The keeper!" Selene stared at them. What the Fuck were they talking about?
     "Give us the keeper and no one has to die." "Like hell we'll just hand someone over to you!" "Then die." And with that one of them went to kill a child when Selene's eyes widened and she let out a scream. A scream so loud that the one member of the Hunt looked at her and his eyes narrowed. "Grab her!" Selene drew her sword and attacked, not even hesitating. She continued to fight, slashing down members of the Hunt when Geralt and Iorveth arrived and froze in shock.
     "Why are they here!?" "I do not know, but I know this whatever they're after they will not get. Now Gwynbleidd we fight together!" Geralt nodded and soon both men were joining the fray. Selene looked as if she was dancing, the way she glided across the floor to the way she slashed down the Hunt. Eredin however was watching, and whatever he saw had him barking out an order. "Gr'ija! Gr'ija vak! Get her!
     However just before any of them could move an strong blast of magic filled the area, forcing the Hunt to retreat. Selene has shielded her eyes against the light and once it cleared did she look around to see who and what caused it. Upon seeing no one she looked over at Geralt and Iorveth before running over to them. "Are either of you hurt?" "No Sor'ca, we are fine, are you unharmed?" "I'm fine. They didn't manage to hurt anyone else."
    "Yeah, but who the fuck where they looking for? Who were they after?" "I don't know Geralt, I don't know." The three of them frowned as Geralt pulled Selene towards him. "Iorveth I know you wanna catch up but." "No I completely understand, the Hunt found this place, it's not safe now." Selene nodded. "You found a book for me?" "I did, I bought it with the hopes you would come here and retrieve it." Selene nodded. "You need a new hiding spot, not in Toussaint, not until the Hunt is dealt with."
     "Where will we go?" Selene frowned before suddenly speaking. "Go to Vesina. Hide there." "The ruins?" "Yes, some of Vesina still stands, the Hunt won't think to go there." "Hmm, alright, we'll move out there, you two need to go now though. We'll meet you there." Selene nodded yet something told her she wouldn't be seeing Iorveth again. "Just In case we don't..." "don't talk like that Sor'ca we shall meet again." "Just in case, be safe, stay off the main roads." Iorveth nodded and hugged her tightly before handing her the book. "Protect her Geralt, protect Selene at all costs."
     "I will, but first we have one last book to find, and then we need to find her mother." Iorveth drowned as he heard this. "Just, be careful, the roads are about to become even more unsafe. Don't draw attention, try to avoid the towns and villages especially the cities. But for now, go and be quick. Something tells me what and who you look for is waiting for you already." "But where?" "I don't know Geralt, just Trust Selene, Trust her instincts. And you my sister, trust those instincts of yours. Follow what feels right. If we don't see you in Vesina before winter sets in, we will see you in the spring." The two nodded and were given a few months worth of supplies before they quickly left the forest and towards the boards back to Velen.