Roaring of the Engines

"(Y/n).." smiling gently at the child's whimpers, you allowed Tama to cry it all out in your chest, knowing that despite how tightly she clung to you, her strength wouldn't hold out and Law would successfully pry her from you.

"Tama! Let go!" The raven gave her another tug, but the child still kept her grip with all her might.

"No! I'm going with (Y/n)! We girls gotta stick together!"

Penguin and Shachi groaned from their seats in the Polar Tang, Bepo on the other hand, had already fallen asleep, and considering how early in the morning everyone woke up to try avoiding this very situation, you couldn't blame him.

Unfortunately for everyone, Tama was an early bird.

"For the last time-!" The raven barely dodged a stray kick, "it's for your own good to stay here! The place that (Y/n) stays in houses horrible monsters! And perverts that make those two goons over there pale!" You sweat-dropped at his excuse, having one greenie and a couple of womanizers come to mind from it.

"They can't be any worse than (Y/n) and you! You'll never get me off!" However, just as she said that, her fingers slipped, and a hysterical wail erupted from the girl as Law took the opportunity to make a hasty retreat before she could reach out for you again.

You also took this as an opportunity to make a beeline for the Polar Tang.

"(Y- Y/n).." turning back to Law before you stepped inside the Polar Tang, you could barely stop yourself from laughing, seeing the way Tama struggled so heartily against Law's strong grip, who in contrast, looked pained that he couldn't get near you on your departure.

'Oh, the poor things..'

"I'm sorry I couldn't send you back myself.." it seemed the surgeon had more to say, but wasn't choosing to voice it out, or maybe more accurately, couldn't find the time to do so with how much of a fight Tama was making.

'It's alright'

Smirking at your little scribble, Law glanced back at the boys in the vehicle with a sterner expression, "oi! All of you better stay on guard, Strawhat's counting on you to bring his nakama home!"

Immediately, as if waiting for his cue, Bepo sat upright and yelled a brisk, "sorry!"

'Bye Law'

Smiling sweetly as Shachi helped you into the backseat of the armored vehicle, you gave Law and Tama a silly wave, making sure to bend your arm in awkward ways as you did so to make Tama laugh.

"Next time we meet, I promise I'll be closer to finding a cure for you!"

That was the last you heard of Law as the large roll up door opened and the Polar Tang drove out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driving through the rubble of the city, you peered out the tinted windows with mild curiosity, as you weren't conscious the last time you were in the Polar Tang.

The buildings went by fast, but unlike in the Sunny, you couldn't quite feel the traction as much.

It wasn't until you made it to the outer reaches of the city that you noticed something that seemed strange.

'Wait- where are all the zombies?'

Now that you thought about it, you didn't see a single monster along the way so far, and the hoard surrounding Law's base seemed thinner than usual, but you thought it was just your imagination at the time.

Before you could think deeper about it, suddenly there was an ungodly roaring of engines, and peering outside, you could see a shitload of motorcycles and off-road vehicles come to life from outta nowhere and dart after you on the road.