Warmth

"Torao!" Law cringed away from the phone, the powerful voice on the other side yelled loud enough to create a static mess, only giving him pitying looks from those around him, including you.

Heaven knows Luffy has a perfect pair of Herculean lungs.

After glaring at all who dared snicker at the damage no doubt caused by the unholy shrieks, Law dared bring his phone back to his ear again, only to no doubt regret it again soon enough, "yes- yes I know it was an oversight on my part-" "an oversight?! An oversight?! You told me you were just gonna do some tests! Is (Y/n) even okay?!"

Glancing back at you, and you being as spontaneous as you were, just gave him a weird looking thumbs up, totally ignoring the fact that you had a child in your lap, staring the shit out of you like you were some exhibit at the zoo.

Although, that at least gained you a smirk before Law turned away again, "yes Strawhat, not only can I guarantee her safety- but.." turning back to you with a calculating look, you just sat under his stare, awkwardly smiling as an instinct.

"She seems quite happy.. in fact, perhaps happy enough to stay for-" "no way!" Hearing the grin in Luffy's shout, you giggled as well, mostly out of surprise from Law's sudden reluctance to let you go.

So reluctant in fact, that he's been arguing with Luffy for nearly an hour to keep you for a few more days.

"I said no Torao! She's my nakama! You can't keep her!" The raven frowned at the screen of his device, looking close enough to yeet it across the room, "I know that.." he whispered.

But for some reason it didn't really sound like it.

As the losing argument continued to wear on, you felt Tama pull on the fabric of your jumpsuit, and turned down to look at her.

"Are you really dead..?" Tilting her head at the question, feeling curious, you raised an arm slowly, watching as she just stared at the appendage with no weariness whatsoever.

Carefully lowering it towards her head, the child just gave your arm an amused look before abruptly jumping up and hugging your arm, "kyaa! I gotcha (Y/n)!" Letting out a moan at that, you felt a chuckle vibrate in your throat as you shook your arm gently, trying to coax the child to let go.

Law watched the two of you with ever growing fond eyes.

"I know I can't keep her.. but just let me sanction her a little longer.." discreetly walking out of the room as you played with Tama, Law watched the two of you through the door's window, voice now becoming serious.

"I don't want her outside so soon after causing that commotion.. I don't know how much Doflamingo has realized, but we got to assume the worst that he's on the lookout for a.. Heart gang ghoul.." Luffy hissed on the other side, "I'm still mad that you sent her over there"

Law sighed deeply, "I'm-" "we're nakama Torao! We're supposed to help each other!" Pausing at the teen's statement, the doctor could feel a small warmth, "we're gonna find a way to take out Mingo together! I promise!"

Luffy paused before shouting out one last declaration, "don't keep secrets from us! The people that get in your way.. they get in our way too!"

Fighting against the lump rising in his throat, Law just swallowed it down and nodded his head, "y-yeah.."

God, the Heart leader both hated and kinda liked the understanding chuckle that breathed into his ear, Strawhat just had that way of knowing exactly what laid in other people's hearts and it never failed to confuse and piss the ever living hell out of him.

Even if it was just Luffy, the surgeon was never fully comfortable with other people seeing right through him.

"Alright Torao, (Y/n) can stay a little longer.. oi! I wanna talk to her!" Smirking as a commotion began to rise from the phone, the raven could hear multiple voices fight over the device.