Recollection

You honestly weren't sure of what you were expecting, but you were greatly surprised to find how civil and swiftly the negotiations were handled between the three Supernovas.

Somewhere deep down, you were expecting at least one fist fight to break out between the crews, but then felt guilty for doing so, just because the boys displayed varying degrees of insanity didn't mean that they weren't bound by rules of logic or common sense anymore.

To be brutally honest, much of what was going on during the meeting went over your head, and not just because you weren't interested in it whatsoever at the time.

Ever since you've turned, you slowly came to notice that your attention span has shrunk considerably, however, whether that was from being without human contact for so long or the possibility of having dead or dying brain cells, you had no idea.

Since meeting Luffy and the rest of the gang however, you've been able to grab hold of your wandering thoughts well enough to actively watch yourself for such slip ups, and to you, that's all that mattered.

There was no reason to worry any of them over such small things.. but if you suddenly caught an urge to nibble on someone in their sleep as a result- then you'd probably bring your attention issue to the table.

While you busied yourself in snuggling with your friends, Luffy, Law, and Kidd were able to come up with a list of terms that they could all agree with, and the rest was history.

Now here you were in your own room at the hideout, during a rare moment of tranquility you expected not to last long with the eccentrics running wild.

After such hectic adventures, with Law experimenting on you, Kidd kidnapping you, and most importantly being found by Luffy, it felt weird to go back to a simple day-by-day normalcy.

More prominently, it caused you to think back on the times where you were alone, and how much things have changed.

You were so isolated just a few weeks ago, completely clueless as to what was going on a larger, more relevant stage.

Now that you've rejoined the survivors, you felt so caught up in all of the political bullshit that you thought would have collapsed with society that it made your head hurt just trying to uncomplicate it all.

You've been taking the time to learn who was important and who wasn't, who was dangerous and who was lethal, who would backstab you and who would keep you within point blank at all times.

The only thing you got out of such thoughts was a rejuvenated gratefulness that Luffy was the one that found you and brought you back to society again.

What would it have been like if you never met Luffy?

What would it be like to not have Law visiting every once in a while with a new experiment to test? To not have Kidd calling you every chance he got to check up on you and brag about his success?

How would you fare without Brook to sing you awake? Without Nami using you as her partner in crime? Without Zoro's training lessons? Without Sanji's cooking?

What would it have been like if you never met Luffy?

You didn't rightly know, but was glad to have no such answer, as you never wanted to find out.

"(Y/n)!" Perking up at the young voice, you opened the door to find Chopper patiently waiting on the other side, a notable difference was the coat and mittens he wore.

"Luffy and some of the others want to go blackberry picking, they were wondering if you'd wanna come with them" as the brunette fidgeted, your eyes were attracted to the coat in his hands.