Chapter fourteen - Train. Train. The pain goes away, when you train.

Brandy's POV:
I creapt through the silent house. I made my way to the gym, and I saw Steve sitting on a bench. I sat beside him, and we sat there for a very uncomfortable amount of time.

After maybe ten minutes Steve cleared his throat. " Why are you awake? " He glanced at me concerned out of the corner of his eye.

" I was going to train. " I said. It wasn't a lie. Not this time. " You can spar with me if you'd like. " He said with hopefulness and curiosity in his voice.

" Ok, why not. " I said, making my way to the bathroom. I changed into my more athletic clothes, and I walked out.

Steve was already waiting on the mat. I walked over, and we both got into a fighting stance. " Remember, you can't use your magic. " Steve reminded me. " Wasn't planning on it. " I laughed.

He launched himself at me, shield ready. I jumped up, and jumped behind him. He used his shield to knock me down, and I jumped back up. I backflipped to the edge of the mat.

I dashed at him, and he readied his shield in a protective manner. I took him by surprise, and leaped over his head. I landed, and swiped my legs under his causing him to fall.

Before he could bolt up, I held him down. He struggled, and eventually threw me off. I ducked and rolled to the floor. I looked back at Steve, who was running at me.

I prepared myself to get pushed down, but get surprised by being pushed into the air. I twisted in the air, when I suddenly saw the ( now ) extremely bright lights of the room light up.

I fell to the ground, and groaned. I covered my eyes with my hands. " FRIDAY, turn the brightness down in the lights. " I mutter. The lights get darker, and I stand up.

I see a tired Clint standing in the doorway. As if caffeine had just rushed into him, he looked like he got a burst of energy. " Are we sparring? Can I join? " He asked excitedly. I just shrugged, and saw Steve nod.

Clint came in minutes later, and stood on the mat as well. We formed a triangle, a distant triangle. We got into fighting stances. I waited for someone to move. I saw Clint run at me, and I leaped over him.

I swept him off his feet, and I held him down. Like Steve he eventually threw me off. I hit the wall, and grunted. I got back up, and raced toward Steve.

I wrapped my legs around his neck, like I'd been shown by Mama Spider. I backflipped still holding his neck. I let go just in time. I landed near him, as he hit the ground with a grunt.

I saw he had lost his shield, and I picked it up. I pointed it at Steve. He seemed surprised of my strategy. Attack. Dodge. Attack. Use their weapon against them.

He raised his hands. I tossed his shield to him, and he sat on the bench. I saw Clint barrelling towards me.

I leaped over his head, and jumped behind him. He turned and leapt. He held me to the ground firmly. I gathered all my strength, and threw him off.

I jumped up, and grabbed him from the air. I pushed him to the ground, holding him down. He held up his hands, and I let go. I was breathing heavily, like I always did after sparring.

I'd never sparred with them before, and they were excellent. I sat on the bench they now sat on. I sat in between them, and sighed.

After maybe an hour of sitting there, talking, we all made our ways to our rooms. I curled up in bed, satisfied. I looked at my burned arm. I cradled it to my chest, and fell asleep.

-----------------------

Short chapter. Makes no sense. Could it be? I haven't slept in a week?