Chapter thirty-three - fighting dummies

Brandy's POV:
We all stood in front of the new fighting dummies Tony had installed an hour earlier. They were robots and were programmed to attack with the fighting stance of Hydra agents.

I could feel my hands twitching in curiosity. Bruce told me I couldn't fight because I might have the same fighting stance. He doesn't see me fight, so he wouldn't know. Bucky taught me how to fight his way. And I've brewed up some of my own tricks.

" Remember, they can and will harm you. So, just be extra careful." Tony waved his hand and most people left.

I stared at the robots. I could hear my head screaming at me to activate them, and train. I grit my teeth and knocked my head against the wall. The voice stopped, and I sat down.

My forehead was bleeding now. I closed my eyes, and remembered Hydra. I was sent there when I was around two years old.

I remember them hurting me if I did anything out of place. I remember being held under water until I couldn't breathe. I remember losing all my memories. Over and over and over, again.

I felt warm tears fall down my cheeks. I open my eyes and look at the dummies. I sigh and head to the bathroom. I change into my athletic attire, and walk out. I pop my neck, and crack my knuckles.

" FRI, please activate the training dummies." I call out. I suddenly hear a faint whirring, and I wipe some blood off my forehead.

I face the now active robots who were facing me. There were three. Three pursuers. Three victims. They spring at me, and I leap over their heads. I land on one of their backs and push them down.

The other two begin to leap and I duck causing them to smash into one another. They drop down and rub their dented heads. I hop off the one I was standing on, and they all get back up.

I feel my pupils slit, and I smirk. I shift into a wolf and face them. I use me magic as I growl sending them flying into the back wall.

They fall to the ground and one powers off. I face the two who were running at me, and I swatted them away. They step back and stay still. I pace around them and track their every move.

I suddenly pictured them as Hydra agents and I felt anger rush into my blood, causing it to boil.

I growl deeply and launch myself at them. They push me down and hold me firmly. I hear a voice yell and I snap out of it. They are just robots.

I push them off, and hold them to the ground until they power off. I shift into a human and sit down in place. I pull my legs to my chest and hide my face in my knees.

I feel tears selling in my eyes and spilling over. The blood on my forehead fell down and dripped off my chin. I felt a hand on my shoulder, but I didn't dare look up.

" Brandy, c'mon. Your ok. Your safe." I hear Bucky's voice and freeze. Don't let him see you cry- wait you did something wrong. He's going to punish you just like the old da-

" I'm sorry, I'm sorry... It won't happen again, don't hurt me.... Please don't hurt me...." I mumble in fear. I feel his hand on my shoulder stiffen.

I feel his hand wipe blood from my face. He looks around, and his eyes fall on a bit of red on the wall.

He sighs, and looks back at me. I peek open an eye and notice I'm not there anymore.

I fall to my back and lay on the floor. I grip my head with both my hands, and pull at my hair. " God, I'm going crazy aren't I? You just have to keep piling up things that are wrong with you, don't you Brandy? You freak." I bite down on my lip as I scold myself quietly.

Bucky's gaze whips towards me and I look back. I eventually pull myself off the ground and sit back in the position I was in before.

" Heh, before I know it I'm going to- oh God!" I gripped my head and felt tears well up in my eyes again.

" I'm going to hurt you guys one day aren't I? No no no no..." Bucky reaches towards me and I flinch away into the corner of the room.

" No! Don't get near me! All I'm going to do is hurt you!" I stare at him my eyes slowly turning hazel. Tears stream down my face and I cover my eyes.

I feel him lift me up, and put me against his side. I accept the side-hug and burrow into him.

" Your not going to hurt us. Do you want to hurt us?"

" God, no! I would tear myself apart before I would be able to even get near y'all!"

" Ok, than you won't hurt us."

I think for a moment.

" I'm sorry."

He seems taken aback, and faces me.

" What for?"

" Everything. Every f______ thing I do."

He stiffens again, and hugs me tighter.

" You have nothing to apologise for. You never will."