Chapter fourty-three - touch them and you'll regret it

Brandy's POV:
I flip into the air and land in a crouch. I stare at the enemy. Doctor Octavious. (Doc Oc, I don't know how to spell).

He was reaching for Bucky with his metal tentacles, as Bucky shot at him with his machine gun. I shift into a wolf and latch onto the arm, tearing it off.

I growl and stand in front of the Avengers. The doctor laughs dry and coldly.

"Seems you guys got a little guard dog, eh? Pathetic."

I growl deeper and stand my ground. I stare deeply into his eyes with a stone hard glare. I see him visably shiver slightly, and shrug it off.

He sends his extra arms hurling towards me. I crouch and dodge until I feel something wrap around my neck and leg. I squeak in surprise and feel myself get lifted high into the air.

I hear yells of protest as I squirm and bite at the tentacles.

I feel myself free falling so I begin to panic. I can't shift while under pressure and or stress/panic. I curl into a ball and hit the ground.

I feel some of my ribs crack and my burned arm bend into an uncomfortable position.

I pull my bottom lip under my sharp teeth, and bite down to fight back the scream of pain.

I get up shakely and see the octopus advancing on the Avengers. I feel adrenaline rise inside me, and take over. They were holding him off, but they wouldn't be able to keep it up for long.

I bolt towards them, ignoring my whole bodies protest. I leap onto his mechanical arms and run along them with ease.

I dodged incoming attacks, and continue running along them. Soon the arms are tangled, and I'm standing in front of him as he's surrounded by his own tangled creation.

My legs are shaking, and my ribs sting painfully everytime I inhale and exhale. I sit down shifting into a human.

I'm on my knees and breathing shallowly, wincing every few seconds.

I feel a hand on my hurt arm and I quickly shift away from them, yelping quietly in pain. I look up and see a concerned Peter.

I look back down and grip at my ribs, only increasing the pain.

I feel someone try to pick me up —bridal style— and I squirm away flailing my arms, and causing my pain to increase.

"Hey, hey, hey, stop flailing your hurting yourself more." Bucky's soft voice says from beside me. I double over and put my face on the concrete. I have my legs under me, folded. I'm gripping my arm, and struggling to breathe.

"Kid, we need to get you to the med bay." Da- Tony's voice says just as gently as Bucky.

"No no no no no.... It's fine. I'm fine. No n-need to wo-worry about any-anything." I say quietly, my ribs screaming at me to stop.

That's when everything went dark.

Bucky's POV:
I pick up Brandy's small form from the ground.

It seems that she passed out, and she doesn't look too well.

Her arm is bent in an uncomfortable angle, and judging by her jagged breathing her ribs aren't too good either.

I carry her to my motorcycle, which I had ridden here, and sat her in front of me.

I gripped her with one arm, and the other driving.

We arrived at the Tower after everyone since I went slower so she wouldn't fall off.

I pick her up, bridal style, and carry her in. I speed walk to the med bay and set her down on an empty bed.

Brandy's POV:
I flutter my eyes open and see Bucky staring down at me. I bolt upward and look around, hearing loud beeping. I begin to panic and tear at the wires attached to me.

Bucky grabs my hands in his hand, and uses his other to fix the wires. I look at his eyes, and they're trained on my shoulder.

I look over and realize it's the one that has the Hydra symbol. I rip one of my hands from his grasp and cover it.

I'm in a hospital gown with no sleeves like a tank top.

Bucky's eyes meet mine, and I feel my grip on my shoulder stiffen.

His blue eyes are sad. And regretful. So I look away.

"Why is your first instinct to hide it?" Bucky's voice startles me, and I look up again.

Only then did I notice that my arm was healed, and my ribs were still mending. I realize that as I sharply inhale, and feel a stabbing pain in my chest.

I wince slightly, and sigh.

"Why wouldn't I? I hate it. No, I despise it." My voice drips with venom as I hiss the word.

His eyes soften and drift over to my hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry." My eyes widen slightly and snap towards him.

"You have nothing to apologise for." I say quietly.

"Yes, I do. I could've saved you when I escaped, I could have taken you with me." His voice was a growl now.

"No, that was my decision. I stayed to distract them so you could escape. And I'm glad I did." His eyes drift to mine again.

His blue eyes are just pools of sadness. Pools I wished weren't.

"There was nothing either of us could've done." I look away and lay down, back facing him.

My back showed enough to show the imprinted message on it. Hail Hydra.

I uncovered my shoulder too.

"Besides, I didn't really mind staying a few more years."