Chapter thirty-eight - fears

Brandy's POV:
I stared at the ginormous moth across the room from me. I turned around and faced the door for a moment, then whipped my head back towards it.

It was gone.

Panic spiked in my chest.

Ok, this would be stupid to have an attack over. Wow.

My eyes darted around the room. Not missing an inch of the walls and floor. I stood still but felt my attack continuing inside me.

My throat was closing up, making it difficult to breathe. I still stood there unmoving.

Maybe fifteen minutes later the moth flew at me full speed, out of nowhere. I screeched and bolted out the door.

I shifted into a wolf and hid. Suddenly I felt something land on me. I cautiously look over, and see the moth on my shoulder.

I screech once again, and bolt away. I run up the stairs and to the roof. I saw the tense Avengers staring at me, confused.

I turn and see the moth fly out the door, and I tense. I hear snorts, and fits of laughter erupt behind me. Natasha is just staring at my wolf form. Like she always does. Wonder why...

The moth flies past me and into the sky. I shift back and sit on the ground.

"Your.... Your scared of moths?" Funcle Clint says kinda seriously.

My head snaps towards him.

"Of course not! I just don't like things that can sneak up on me..."

"Besides. Like y'all are scared of anything." Everyone shifts at my statement.

"How about we all share our fears. We cannot use those fears against each other." Steve says with a serious look.

We all nod, and sit in a circle.

"I'll go first." We all turn our attention to Steve again.

"I'm afraid of ice, and helicopters. I can stand them, but not very well." We nod in understanding.

"Me next." Natasha says kinda quietly.

"Um, god this is going to sound dumb. Um, I'm scared of.... dogs." Everyone's gaze whips towards me.

I stare at her for a moment.

"I'm sorry."

She nods and turns away.

I rub my burned arm. I guess I do that when I'm nervous. I notice everyone is still staring at me.

I sigh, and look down at my lap.

"I'm afraid of many things. Needles. Small spaces. But the thing I'm most scared of, is large crowds. I will emediantly either freeze up, or go into a full panic attack. Just the thought of being watched by so many people just...." I say kinda quietly.

"I have a lot of fears. I won't name them, though." I say a bit louder.

I notice that my fingers are unconsciously tracing every tiny scar along my burned arm.

"Alright. I'm afraid of being alone for too long." Thor says loudly, and we nod.

"I'm afraid of losing people." Bucky's answer kind of surprised me a bit.

I nod.

"I'm afraid of needles too." I look up at Clint a bit, and he holds out a fist. I fist bump it and he quietly says, "no needles for these peeps." I smile a bit and look down again.

"I'm afraid of being alone as well." Loki's answer took us by surprise slightly.

"I'm afraid of spiders." Peter's answer isn't a surprise. But Bucky looks at him confused.

"What? Because I was bit by one doesn't make me their number one fan." Bucky nods.

"I'm afraid of falling." Rhodey says, which is no surprise.

"I'm afraid of losing people as well." Wanda says with a small smile.

"I'm afraid of the dark." Tony says easily. I turn to him.

"You have a friggin night light built into your chest."

"Yes but that doesn't mean it's not going to be dark."

"I'm afraid of falling as well." Sam says leaning back.

"I'm afraid of malfunctioning and hurting people." Everyone nods to Vision.

After we finish, I get up and shift into a cat. I move over to Bucky and curl up on his lap. He stroked me, and murmurs kind words.

I knew the others held worried glances, but I ignored it.

"Sometimes I wish I was normal. Another thing I'm afraid of is myself." Everyone seems taken aback and snaps their gazes towards me.

"I'm afraid of what I can be, and what I won't be. I'm just afraid of myself in general." I say flatly.

I open one eye and see everyone looking at me, including Bucky.

"What?"

"Why would you be afraid of yourself?" Steve says, with a hint of concern.

"When you are controlled almost most of your life you learn to fear what you become, and what you can be." I say simply, closing my eye I had opened.

I drift off to sleep, faintly purring as Bucky continued gently petting me.

—————————

Welp, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I guess I'm losing ideas to write.
Anyways. Love y'all, and thank you for being patient!