38

A few weeks went by without Quinn hearing from Puck. He called for Beth occasionally, but Quinn never spoke to him.

Jake had stopped by once or twice to see Beth, but they didn't talk about Puck or Ally or the engagement or anything really.

"Mommy, it's for you." Beth said, returning shortly after Quinn had handed her the phone.

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow.

"Daddy said he's calling for you and he'll talk to me after." Beth explained.

Quinn put the phone to her ear. "Hello?"

"Hey, Q." Puck said.

"Hi." Quinn muttered.

"I just wanted to let you know that Ally and I are getting married next weekend." Puck informed Quinn.

"N-Next weekend?" Quinn repeated.

"I know it's last minute, but Ally wants to get married before the baby's here and..." Puck said. "I'd really like it if you and Beth could be there."

"Is Jake going?" Quinn asked.

"I don't know. I didn't call him yet." Puck replied. "You'll probably beat me to that though."

"What does that mean?" Quinn wondered.

"Are you guys still hooking up?" Puck questioned Quinn.

"Jake and I never hooked up." Quinn informed Puck. "He's your little brother and Beth's uncle, and... you know, you don't really have the right to tell me who I can and can't be with."

"I know." Puck said softly. "But you guys are really close all of the sudden and something's definitely going on."

"I asked if Jake is going so Beth can go with him." Quinn told Puck. "Jake and I aren't that close."

"You gave him a nice private goodbye before you and Beth left Lima." Puck noted.

"Not that it's any of your business, but I was thanking him for picking me up and driving me home the night we all went out after Breadstix." Quinn explained. "I drank a lot that night and said some things I shouldn't have and I was making sure he knew that if I said anything, he should ignore it."

"Did you mean what you said to me that night?" Puck asked.

"You're getting married, Puck." Quinn reminded him.

"Did you mean it?" Puck asked again.

"I shouldn't have said it, but I meant it." Quinn said with a sigh. "But it doesn't change anything, so forget it."

"Quinn." Puck replied.

"You're getting married next week." Quinn stated. "And I have to go."