Dancing With Myself...

A/N - Please remember in my story that MTV is how it was in the 1980's.  It mostly played music videos all day and had nightly specials - concerts, interviews, documentaries and the weekly top video countdown.  I am not sticking to timelines so music from any period may crop up.  This is fiction so anything goes.  Let go of preconceived notions and have some fun.  Enjoy!

-------------------------

He always made sure he checked the bathroom and under the back counter before he locked the front door.  There was also the back storage room as well the shadowy corner behind the taller record displays.  Once he knew no one was hiding anywhere in his store he would breathe a out sigh of relief and flip the locking mechanism on two locks securing the entrance and turn off his small neon sign that glowed 'Open' during business hours.   Making sure no one was lurking wasn't entirely about being robbed.  He didn't want to be seen doing something in particular.

"Are we good?  his employee and best friend asked him as he turned to face him and leaned against the door.  Brian nodded.  Deacy turned around with a huge smile on his face as he pressed the 'Play' button.  The fast paced guitar riff burst out from the speakers situated in each corner of the ceiling of the store.  Deacy kicked off his shoes and took off running towards the wide aisle in the center of the store in his socks and slid into place to begin his nightly ritualistic closing time dance.     

On the floors of Tokyo
A-down in London town's a go go
A-with the record selection,
And the mirror's reflection,
I'm a dancin' with myself

His large fluffy cloud of hair bounced as much as his legs did and he twirled and gyrated in a manic bop to his favorite Billy Idol track

His large fluffy cloud of hair bounced as much as his legs did and he twirled and gyrated in a manic bop to his favorite Billy Idol track.  Brian stood in his usual spot and surveyed his best friend's celebratory maneuvers.  Despite having two left feet and always feeling the inferior dancer to his mate, Brian generally gave in to his own rhythmical urges and made his own exaggerated dances steps.  He could always manage some mean robot moves if his feet truly failed him.  But this hyper dance number compelled him to a higher plane of footwork.  Deacy had picked a great song tonight.  He quickly found himself jutting his body straight up in the air and seemed like he belonged in a mosh pit.

  He quickly found himself jutting his body straight up in the air and seemed like he belonged in a mosh pit