♧︎Chapter 28♧︎

I walked over and sat down next to Gus. He then whispered in my ear.

"Come cry with me real quick."

He pulled me up from the couch and practically dragged me into his room. When he closed the door i looked over at him and he had tears in his eyes. I walked up to him and hugged him tight feeling my eyes get watery. He hugged me back then i heard himstart to mumble something but I couldn't make out the words.

"What Gus?"

"I dont really know where i wanna go but i know i wanna take you." He sang softly.

He walked over to the bed and opened a drawer and grabbed a sheet of paper. He skimmed over it and continued singing.

"When im on the road and i leave you alone i just pray i dont break you."

I walked over to him and sat down next to him and put my head on his shoulder.

"I was on the phone with her in the other room not tryina wake you
When im on my own i be sipping Patron trying to blame you
Now you're calling me crazy, girl i know
When you tell me you hate me, i know that you dont."

"Gus-"

"I started writing it when you were passed out in the hospital. Im not done with it though."

"I love it."

"Thanks" he looked down at this tatted fingers.

"Gus its going to be fine."

"I just got you i dont know why i have to loose you." He started crying.

I layed down and opened my arms for him and he crawled over to me. We cuddled while crying and then we finally stopped.

"Its okay Gus." I gave him a small smile trying to be strong for him and everyone outside the door in this house.

"Your smile baby."

"What about it?"

"Its not like it used to be."

"What do you mean."

"Your smile is broken." He looked into my eyes like he was staring deep into my soul. "And so are you."

My heart stopped. This man new me so well and we have only known each other for 3 weeks.

"Gus how do you-"

"I just do" He cut me off. "Dont worry im broken too. He whipped a tear from my cheek and kissed my other cheek. I smiled again and so did he. When I looked at him and saw his smile and then looked into his eyes i knew what he saw in me. Here we are with our broken smiles and our broken souls understanding each other totally unaware of anything else but this moment in time. I looked deep into his eyes and he knew that too. I love him.

a/n: my friend Taryn gave me the idea for this chapter. Im sorry its short i just wanted it to be a little sentimental with just Gus and Astrid i hope you guys enjoyed it.