chapter 8

song of the chapter: wave by ateez

———

chapter 8

"So you didn't ask for Jisoo's number?" Jennie looked at Taehyung with wide eyes.

"Oh that was her name? I thought it was Lizzo, like the singer." Jimin seemed genuinely confused and Jennie smiled lightly.

Taehyung just looked incredibly disappointed and shot him a look that said: really.

"Anyway, no. I was asking for your number." Taehyung picked up a strawberry, "but she said you don't have your phone or something so she gave me hers instead."

"Don't worry, I deleted it." Jimin cut in with a grin and stole a strawberry from Taehyung's bowl and dipped in his chocolate.

She laughed and watched as Taehyung punched Jimin's arm. Jimin gasped and rubbed his arm and squinted his eyes as if it were in pain. "Jennie you're just gonna let him do that?"

Jennie smiled nervously, seeing how obviously close the boys were with each other. She didn't want to get in the middle of their relationship and so she just chuckled lightly and ate one of her macarons.

Her heart warmed at the sight of the two boys and it did something that she couldn't seem to understand just yet.

They were currently in Sugarcakes, a popular boba and dessert place in town. It was a cute diner, with posters of deserts all over the store and pretty pastel colors decorating the walls. It sort of reminded her of Jimin. Speaking of Jimin...

"This milk tea is so good ugh," He sipped on his drink and sighed in delight. He looked in absolute bliss with his eyes screwed shut as he leaned back in his chair.

Taehyung looked at the drink with interest and took it from the pink haired boy's hands. He tasted the drink for himself and nodded his head in confirmation, licking his lips.

Jimin, whose hands were in a cupping position as if he froze, had his mouth agape and a heavy glare pinned on Taehyung.

Neither boy said anything and instead Taehyung took another sip, teasing him by not dropping the eye contact. It was an intense staring that had Jennie slouching a bit to try and avoid herself from getting into this one.

"The lack of respect - " Jimin angrily threw a strawberry at Taehyung's head and watched as it bounced into the milk tea.

Taehyung narrowed his eyes at the drink and glanced back at Jimin.

"You ruined it, idiot." Jimin stood to his full height pushing the chair back and leaning over Taehyung.

"Oh, I'm an idiot? I'm not the one making a fool out of myself."

"That's literally what you're doing." Taehyung stood, now towering over Jimin.

The shorter boy growled and brought his chair in front of Taehyung and stood on it so he was essentially taller. He knelt down to pick up the milk tea from Taehyung's hands and held it up.