chapter 21

song of the chapter: lunchbox friends by melanie martinez

---

chapter 21

"Ciao, my favorite boys!" A woman with a thick accent welcomed the group from the reception stand. She was a short, older lady whose skin had a glowy tan.

"Hi nonna." Taehyung greeted her with a close-lipped smile.

"Nonnina!" The excitement in Jimin's voice was evident. He rushed up to the woman and embraced her with a hug.

"Chim Chim!" She pinched Jimin's cheeks and he made a funny expression. "Oh my lovely boys! How's my little principessa doing?"

Jennie saw Taehyung watching his friend and his grandmother, he looked happy with their relationship.

"She's doing fine." Jimin replied sweetly.

Taehyung nodded in agreement and subtly gestured over to Jennie. "Can we get a booth?"

"Oh, you brought a lady this time!" Jennie was starting to think she was invisible.

She guessed the beauty of the two boys made sense why she didn't really stand out beside them.

"Yeah, this is Jennie." Taehyung introduced.

"Hi." Jennie waved at the woman and wore a half smile, a little nervous from the attention.

"Oh, very cute!" The woman praised and Jennie found her broken English quite adorable. "La tua ragazza?"

The accent sounded so cool in Jennie's ears, even though she had no idea what the woman was saying.

"No, I - " The woman cut him off.

"Jimin's?"

"Lei è solo nostra amica..." Taehyung spoke fluently.

The language sounded so beautiful on his tongue and Jennie couldn't help her staring. He seemed to be getting a bit flustered from whatever the woman was saying, and Jennie looked at them curiously. Jimin only chuckled and wrapped an arm around Jennie's shoulder.

The woman shook her head in a scolding manner. "I'll take you to your usual, yes?"

They were led to a booth by a window where they can see the pretty rows of flowers outside. Jennie looked at the seats with interest then the two boys. Who was she going to sit next to?

It was a minor thought, but it was still something running through her mind. Instead, she saw Jimin slide in one of the booths and Taehyung followed after him. So she sat on the opposite side, facing the cotton candy boys.

A different person came to take their orders, this one was a guy.

"H-hey my name is Oliver. I... I'll take your, uh, order." He stuttered quite breathily. Jennie noticed how his eyes kept glancing towards the colorful boys.