Chapter 4: Birthday

Friday, November 20th
Paris Brooks~

"Yes sir, your down payment has been processed and we can take a final look at the house whenever you're ready to

"Yes sir, your down payment has been processed and we can take a final look at the house whenever you're ready to." I said over the phone.

I also got into realty this year. That's been a GREAT stream of income, alongside owning the shop.

"Early next Wednesday? Um...okay. Sounds good. I'll see you then."

My birthday was actually next Wednesday. Finna be 21. I didn't really have plans, but I know Adrian said he wanted to take me out. So I'll just be back before then.

Adrian had also just settled on buying a barber shop. He wouldn't actually be working in it, but he owned it for another stream of income.

"You working Wednesday?" He asked, as he opened a bag of chips.

"Yeah. Early though."

"Good. I got-"

He got cut off by his phone ringing.

"Who is it?" He asked, cause his phone was by me, charging.

"It's unknown. 310 area code."

"Give it to me." He said before I tossed the phone to him.

"Hello?" He said into the phone.

"Hey A. This is Angel." I heard a female voice say through the phone.

I looked at him for a second, then looked back at my phone.

"Wassup—how you get my number?" He awkwardly said.

I sat up and turned my phone on just to stare at him. Who the fuck is Angel and why is she calling him?

"Put her on speaker." I sternly said.

He looked at me, then at his phone.

"Now." I mouthed.

"A friend of a friend." She laughed, now on speaker.

"Oh—Oh okay. Well why...do you have my number?" He said, looking at me the whole time.

"Well I thought you were really nice and kind...and of course handsome, and I wanted to-"

"Yeah, um he has a girlfriend! He has a girlfriend hun. Sorry...yeah, he's taken soo. You can hang up now." I yelled as I got all in Adrian's face to get to the phone.