Crossed the Line

Friday, October 7th
Paris King-

"Have my baby here on time Sunday." Kia said. "Y'all always have me waiting around."

"Bitch-" I started before Kam cut me off.

"Yeah Aight we'll see you when we see you." Kam said, not wanting to cause a fight.

"Paris let's watch our mouths please. I'm tryna be a better woman." Kia said as she stood outside my car window.

"Girl move." I said, irritated with her presence.

"Oh Lord." Kam mumbled.

"Hiiiii my sweet babyyyyy!" I hugged London as I got out the car.

"TEE TEEEEEEE!! I missed you so muchhhh!" London said with all her bags in her hand.

"I missed you more boo."

"Hey pretty! Let me get yo bags." Kam said to London who was about to fall over with the weight of all them bags.

"You need to start folding her clothes and hen you packing for her..don't just throw em in the bag." I said to Kia before getting back in the car.

"Girl if you ain't gone buy her no clothes then don't tell me how to deal with the shit that I bought."

"WE bought her 99% of the shit she does have, and whenever we send her back to yo house with the shit, it's always somehow getting fucked up. So miss me with that." I said before rolling my window up and pulling off from the Walmart parking lot.

Kia didn't want us coming to her house to pick London up, and I defiantly didn't want her knowing where the hell I stay, so whenever I picked London up, we met half way.

Every time we went to pick her up it was always something with her. She either always had a smart ass remark or just complaining about something.

"How you doing Princess?" Kam turned around to talk to London in the backseat.

"Good. I talked to my daddy yesterday." She slightly smiled.

"You did??" Me and Kam said at the same time.

"Yeah Kia called him and let me talk to him."

We always laughed at the fact that she called her Kia.
We always told her that if she don't want to call her "mom", that she didn't have to. Kia didn't act like a mom throughout her life so what she tryna act like this big mom figure now for?

We also made sure she knew what happens over here, stays over here. Not in a secretive way, but in a "Kia don't need to know what's going on with us" kind of way.

"Was you happy to talk to your dad?" I asked her.

"Yes." She sighed.

"You okay?" I looked at her through the rear view mirror.

"No..." Her little voice cracked. "They hit me."

Kam looked back so fast.

"Who?" Kam asked.

"Kia and Angel." She rubbed her arm.

I pulled the car over on the side of the highway.

"Aye!" Kam said, startled at the screeching noise.

"They hit you??" I said as I turned around.

"Yes but they said don't tell nobody and I don't want y'all to yell at each other again.." London said as she looked down.

London is six years old and smart as hell.

"Lolo.." I said tryna keep calm. "Hit you where?"

She lifted up her sleeves and then on her stomach area and showed us the bruises they left.

I loudly gasped.

"Oh fuck nah." I said as I got ready to turn this car back around.

"No, Paris. We going back to court." Kam said as he examined London's arms.

I let out a loud sigh and continued back home.

"I don't want y'all to fight no more tee tee.." Lo said as she started to cry.

"We won't boo...not after this." I lowly said.

—————