Chapter 24: Back at the Hospital

1 week later
Wednesday, July 1st
2:00 PM
Paris King~

Today me, Adrian, and Aaron took London and Kj to the park so they could run around and play a little bit. Kam and Rae been really occupied lately since Kayla was born. She's a hell of a crier.

"Y'all I got my first check from YouTube." Aaron smiled as we all sat on the bench at the park while London and Kj ran around on the playground.

"That fast nigga? Damn for how much?" Adrian asked, taking the words right out my mouth.

"Not much. Just $3,800." Aaron said. "But I'm hella getting up there homie. Nigga I got 75k subscribers already."

"Damn boy you crackin, huh?" Adrian laughed as he dapped him up.

"Hell yeah, homie." Aaron laughed.

"You been looking for places for you and Lolo?" I asked.

"Yeah, just apartments though. But ion know if I can move too soon. I'm not that stable right now."

"I'm telling you if you need help I gotchu boy." I said as I played in his hair.

"Bubba." He side eyed me. "I already told you I'm not doing that—I mean, I appreciate the gesture, but I'm not finna go to my lil sister to help me get a spot. If I turned down help from my own dad then I definitely can't take help from you."

"Alright. But I-" I said before I got cut off by seeing Kj fall of the ground, coughing constantly.

We all got up and went over towards him and London.

"Baby what's wrong??" I said as I squatted down.

He said nothing and kept coughing. But now that I was closer to him, I heard him wheezing—and a whistling sound as he breathed.

"Kj? What's wrong lil man? You Aight?" Adrian picked him up.

Kj nodded his head no as his breathing pattern sped up. This time I noticed his nostrils flaring and still heard him wheezing. At this point I figured he was having an asthma attack, even though he'd never been directly diagnosed with asthma, he's always been a sickly baby and had that cough seasonally.

"I—" Kj started before he started coughing again. "Can't breathe good Tee tee."

I started to panic.

"Okay tee tee baby lets go." I said as Adrian took him to the car.

Aaron drove us to the hospital and I sat in the back with Kj and London.

"London what happened?" I said

"We was playing tag and Kj said he couldn't breathe and den he fell when he was running and him just sat there because him couldn't breathe dat good."

"You okay boo?" I said to Kj as I kissed his forehead.

My poor baby looked so under the weather. His eyes were low and he just kept on wheezing. He was breathing hard and coughing every two seconds.

He lightly nodded and grabbed my hand.

We just got off the phone with Raelyn and they're on their way to the hospital, and leaving Kayla with my dad.

As soon as we got there, the doctor immediately realized that it was more than likely asthma, but they still had to test him to be completely sure.

They had to give him a shot and my poor baby couldn't take it. He was crying his eyes out.

They took his shirt off and put these sticky things on his chest. I could see the middle of his chest caving in as he continuously breathed hard.

"Mamaaaa!" Kj cried as he laid there on the hospital bed.

"I'm right here baby." She said as she grabbed his hand.

The doctor soon came back in and put the treatment mask on his face and cut the machine on.

We were there for about a good 3 hours while Kj fell asleep on the treatment machine, the doctor telling us all we need to know about how to handle situations like this, and doctors giving us his "equipment"—meaning his own personal treatment, his medicines, and inhalers.

"Mama where is daddy?" Kj said as we woke up while the doctor took the machine off of him.

"Daddy is at Papa's House with your sister, baby." Raelyn said as she stood over him in the hospital bed.

His breathing calmed down a little bit but we could still hear him wheezing really lowly.

"Kj you otay?" London said as she stood on her tippy toes to see him.

"Yesss Lolo...can my cousin come up here wit me??" Kj smiled as he sat up.

"She sure can, big boy!" The doctor said as she adjusted the bed with a remote.

Aaron picked London up and placed her next to Kj.

I smiled as I watched them smile and play with each other. They always had each other's back and I lovedddd that!

"Kameron you are such a strong boy!" The doctor said as she filled out some paper work.

"I knowww-" Kj paused as he began to cough a little bit. "I strong like my daddy!" He smiled.

"Wowww!" The doctor laughed. "Well do you know that you had an asthma attack today?"

"What's dat?" Kj and London said at the same time.

"It's when your airway in your lungs become tight and swollen," She demonstrated with her hands. "And yucky mucus gets in there and makes it hard for you to breathe."

"Oh" Kj said as he took in what she just told him.

"So you have to make sure you take your inhaler daily to make sure you don't have those asthma attacks." She said as she showed him his inhaler. "So here. I want you to take this. I'm going to spray it into here and you take a deep breath in."

She did it, and Kj took it like a champ.

"It taste like air mommy." Kj smiled.

"Then good you shouldn't have no problem doing this everyday." She laughed.

"Well if you all need me for anything you know to just press the button right there." The doctor laughed as she left the room.

I decided to stay with Raelyn cause I didn't want to just leave her and Kj here by themselves, and Adrian, Aaron and London went home. Kam had to come "back tomorrow because of the baby, so I just figured I'll stay until he gets back.

Kj had to stay overnight so that the doctors could watch him and make sure he was 100% okay to go home.

"Bubba you don't have to stay, girl." Raelyn to me said as I laid on the bench in the room.

"Nooo Tee tee stayyyy!" Kj said.

I laughed. "I'm staying boo. I'm not just gone leave y'all here, Rae. I'll leave when Kam gets back tomorrow." I said.

"Love you, Paris." She smiled.

"Love you more."

"Mama can you turn the news off pwease dis is so boringggg." Kj said as he pointed to the TV.

Share, comment, vote!!