Chapter 28: Guess it Wasn't Meant to Be

Same day...
4:30 PM
Paris King~

Me and Raelyn finished talking, and she definitely made me feel 10x better than I did when I e first got here.

I walked into the den where the boys were laughing and talking.

"You ready to go?" Adrian said as he looked up at me.

I nodded and walked back out.

Aaron made a face and followed behind me.

"Mannn what's wrong witchu today?" Aaron said with a slight attitude.

I did not have the time or patience to deal with his ass today.

"What's wrong wit you nigga?" I said as I turned around towards him.

"You acting like somebody pissed in yo cereal! Barely even said hey to nobody."

"Aight y'all we out. See y'all later." Adrian said as he tried nudging me towards the door.

"Aaron do not fucking start with me today. You really ain't have to say shit to me but you did. So sit the fuck down and get out my fucking face." I said as I started to raise my voice.

"PARIS!" Adrian yelled, pointing towards the door.

"WHAT? You hear him saying shit to me but you saying my name! Damn!" I yelled as I picked Alijah's car seat up and walked out the house.

Kj and London just stood there and watched.

Adrian walked out the house and closed the front door behind him.

"Bro I can't do this shit no more." Adrian mumbled under his breath.

"What nigga?" I said looking up from fastening Alijah in the car.

"I don't know what your problem is Paris! You don't wanna talk shit out! But you wanna spaz on me every little chance you get! You make me feel like..." He paused as he rubbed his hands down his face and got in the car.

I closed the back door and got in the drivers seat.

"I make you feel like what?" I asked as my voice trembled.

It took him a minute to answer. He looked straight ahead.

"Like what Adrian??!?!?!" I said as I grew impatient.

"Like you'n really wanna be wit me." He calmly said.

My heart dropped.

What?

"What are you talking bout?"

"I don't gotta explain myself just like you never gotta explain yo'self." He said as he looked out the window.

I rolled my eyes and pulled off.

"Maybe you never wanted to be wit me from the jump. Maybe you just needed a distraction from Jamar." He said as he continued to look out the window.

When I tell you I almost crashed this car...

"Adrian you fucking joking right?" I said as I drove us home. "The fuck is wrong wit you? You're stupid as hell. Why the fuck would even bring that nigga up?" I said as I started to cry.

"You mean like how you bring up my exes that I've never had NO dealings wit? What's the fucking difference?" He yelled.

I started to cry more as I approached a red light.

"Are you serious?" I said. "The difference is that Jamar fucking RAPED ME! The difference is that Jamar wanted to KILL my fucking brother! The difference is that Jamar MANIPULATED ME! That's the fucking difference! Dumb ass nigga!" I screamed at him as I sobbed, causing the baby to whine.

He sat there looking stupid.

"The light is green." He said as cars from behind honked at me.

"And that's all you have to say? I fucking HATE YOU!" I angrily shouted.

"You hate me? Oh you hate me now? Alright Paris." He said as his leg started to shake.

"Yeah alright Adrian." I said as I cried out of anger.

The rest of the ride was silent.

As soon as we pulled up to the house, he got Alijah out the car and went straight in the house.

I got in the house and went straight to the room.

"We need a break. From each other." I said trying to hold back more tears.

He looked up from Alijah to me.

"You mean break up? 3 months after we got married?" He said with a stern look on his face.

I didn't say anything, but I couldn't help but cry.

"Yeah aight. Cause I forgot you hated me." He said as he got up and handed Alijah to me and went to get his suitcase.

"Where you going?" I cried.

"My brother's." Was all he said. "I'll come pick up my son tomorrow."

I was done. I'm not about to be with someone I didn't trust. Obviously there was a reason I didn't trust him. I just didn't know it yet.

Minutes later, he left without saying another word.

And as soon as he walked out that door, I broke down.