Chapter 10: Anxious

Sunday, January 1st
10:30 AM
Paris Brooks~

"Broooo whatttt?" Adrian said as he talked to Kam on the phone.

I was doing paper work for a house I was about to sell to someone all morning and I wasn't thinking about telling him right now that I was pregnant. Honestly that was the last thing on my mind.

"That's what up man! Another lil niece or nephew huh?" Adrian said to Kam over the phone, causing me to side eye him.

Fuck. Raelyn must've told Kam she's pregnant. Now I feel obligated to tell Adrian for some reason.

"Well bro hit me back when you settled down. Alright, bye."

"Boo your brother call you and tell you the news?" He asked as he sat next to me at the desk in our room.

"I don't know my phone is DND. But I heard you on the phone." I reply without looking up from my paper work.

"You not excited boo?" He asked.

"Oh I already knew." I laughed.

"Y'all love keeping secrets from the niggas huh"

I got up and went to the bathroom, feeling myself about to throw up, and he followed me in there.

"Baby you okay-" He said as he held my hair back before I cut him off with my loud gagging.

"Reach in that—" I threw up some more. "That bucket in the closet and you'll see something."

He let my hair go and walked into our closet and grabbed the bucket.

"I don't see—boo what is this?" He said without looking up as he walked into the bathroom again.

"Is this—Paris you pregnant?" He slightly smiled.

"Ye—" I threw up one last time. "Yes."

"Say on god!" He smiled hard.

"Adrian get the hell out before I kick you in your nuts!!!" I yelled, frustrated and already not feeling good.

"BOO WE HAVING A BABYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!" He ran out the bathroom and started jumping on the bed.

"Yeah as you can see it's not the best feeling for me right now you god damn idiot." I said as I flushed the toilet and started to wash my hands.

"Baby are you showing yet???" He happily asked.

"No dummy I'm not—" I said before lifting my shirt up. "I HAVE A BUMP???"

I didn't think I was far along, but shit now I don't know how far along I am! I scheduled a doctors appointment this morning when Adrian was sleep, so I guess we'll see then.

"You been missing your periods and shit?" Adrian asked.

"Damn...I guess I have. Well they were irregular."

"Boo I'm so happy for us." He hugged me.

I hugged him back.

" I am too."

"How did you feel when you found out?"

"I cried a lot. I didn't feel like I was ready for a kid—which I still don't, but I have to deal with it."

"Well you should be excited. I think we in a good position to have a baby right now....that's what she said." He laughed at the lil joke he threw in.

He is so happy right now...

I punched him in his arm at his corny joke.

"That wasn't funny. Cause this," I pointed at my stomach. "Is all because of you. You did this on purpose."

"No I didn't. I thought my pullout game was strong!" He smiled.

I rolled my eyes and walked away from him.

"If it's a boy, let's name him galaxy," He said as he eagerly followed me.

"No." I said as I grabbed my keys off the key rack.

"And if it's a girl, let's name her star."

"No."

"Ooouu how bout Meteor-Shower!"

" I'm going to get a large milkshake from chick fil a." I ignored him.

"Bye, baby mama!" He said as I walked to my car.

I flicked him off and got in.